oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Not a bad window although I was disappointed with yesterdays outcome. We have lost 2 wingers for good money and brought in one rookie albeit with potential. My fear is teams will latch onto the fact as it is if Ramirez doesnt create we are short on creativity. I do worry that come January, if it is apparent we are lacking creatively teams will raise the prices for their players.

Hopefully its 3rd time lucky with Karanka and signing a winger though :).

That's assuming that Ramirez actually steps up and shows that he's PL class. Sure he was great in the Championship, but can he be as good for us in the PL. Pinning all our hopes on Ramirez is a risk I reckon.

I'd say Ramirez has done alright so far.

Aye and Downing has been good as well, would feel reasonably comfortable with him replacing Ramirez if his form dipped or he was injured.

That said, after experimenting with it a lot in preseason and looking at the options we have available, I reckon we may see some more 442 this season.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a bad window although I was disappointed with yesterdays outcome. We have lost 2 wingers for good money and brought in one rookie albeit with potential. My fear is teams will latch onto the fact as it is if Ramirez doesnt create we are short on creativity. I do worry that come January, if it is apparent we are lacking creatively teams will raise the prices for their players.

That's assuming that Ramirez actually steps up and shows that he's PL class. Sure he was great in the Championship, but can he be as good for us in the PL. Pinning all our hopes on Ramirez is a risk I reckon.

I agree with you there but he has been in my opinion our most creative player overall in the 3 games so far. West Brom managed to keep him quiet and we ended up creating next to nothing.

Just a reminder that the thread will be closed at 7pm this evening, plenty of time for thoughts and reflections

Good, lock it up and throw away the key!

Why do threads even need closing down? Can people not just choose what they want to discuss?

Aye, but large sections of this thread have been pretty cancerous!!

Just a reminder that the thread will be closed at 7pm this evening, plenty of time for thoughts and reflections

Why do threads even need closing down? Can people not just choose what they want to discuss?

I understand what you are saying Alex but as you have seen the transfer related threads have a tendency to start far too soon and then take a life of it's own with a load of good and bad stuff included. They become enormous and to be honest many folks like drawing a line under it and we felt that the threads had to stop at some point due to the fact that the particular window had indeed closed.

We have the other boro stuff thread to move to once this is over and done with.

Aye and Downing has been good as well, would feel reasonably comfortable with him replacing Ramirez if his form dipped or he was injured.

That said, after experimenting with it a lot in preseason and looking at the options we have available, I reckon we may see some more 442 this season.

I agree that Ramirez has done alright so far. I'm certainly not writing him off!! I've also been encouraged by Downing. I'll probably be ridiculed for saying it, but I think he's looked better than last season.

I understand what you are saying Alex but as you have seen the transfer related threads have a tendency to start far too soon and then take a life of it's own with a load of good and bad stuff included. They become enormous and to be honest many folks like drawing a line under it and we felt that the threads had to stop at some point due to the fact that the particular window had indeed closed.

We have the other boro stuff thread to move to once this is over and done with.

I see. Makes sense. Thanks.

I agree that Ramirez has done alright so far. I'm certainly not writing him off!! I've also been encouraged by Downing. I'll probably be ridiculed for saying it, but I think he's looked better than last season.

I'm in agreeement. Hes said himself he jated the championship!

I wonder if AK's second choice for the number 10 role is Downing or Fischer? He must be pretty confident that one of them can fill in when Gastón is out

Are we able to still sign players out of contract?

Wonder if Charles Nzogbia is still on the radar.

Yeah we can. Whether that includes the Zog I don't know.

Very very good article from the gazette. I went to bed very dissilusioned last night but thinkng about it . An excellent transer window. De roon yet to feature. fischer yet to really feaure , troure yet to feature Rhodes yet to feature we have strength all over the shop. I think including me we got our hopes up but the club did try to bring in extra plays but value for money look at it 6-8 milion for Adomah 5-7 fo Reach transfers have gone mad but we were not forced into playing the silly money game. This is solely down to excellent planning from the club and excellent work in getting them competed. An excellent transfer window well done Boro

Absolutely spot on from Vickers there. I especially like the bit about half our team costing less than Jeff Hendricks who frankly wouldn't even get in our team. Brilliant business by the club

I get heartily fed up with the doom and gloomers on here making out that we must have this or must have that to survive. Lest we all forget we are a new premiership team and the job in year 1 has surely be to solidify and we have certainly done that. This is a far better squad than we have had for many a year. As for the £20m player we were supposed to be after we also have to remember that a sale requires all parties to agree and often results from multiple other deals elsewhere and unless all the ducks are in a row doesn't happen.

This isn't a rose tinted view of the world by any means as we are in the toughest league in the world but we have a team that should finish safely out of the bottom 3. Top 10 is for next season or the season after.