oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Gaston was the flop he was referring to.

Although personally I agree with you. He had a great first year I thought.

Wasn't it injuries and manager changes that derailed his Southampton career?

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Considering Ramirez cost Southampton 12 million and 60k in wages I think you can class him in the flop category. He did have a decent period but overall he wasn't worth the money they spent on him and he was loaned out and didn't find his feet before dropping down a level. I appreciate there are various circumstances like injuries, playing out of position and only getting cameos that have not helped him. But to say he was worth the money is just false, so I'd put him in the flop category.

That's not to say I don't want him though, because I really do. He has found his form here, he plays in his favourite position and I genuinely think he can take that step up and find the form that got him sold for 12 million in the first place.

According to our good friend Alan Nixon Boro are trying to agree terms to Reims for the transfer of Mandi who is rated at £4m. Boro are looking to do a deal quickly and are going for 5/6 new players this summer.

Considering Ramirez cost Southampton 12 million and 60k in wages I think you can class him in the flop category. He did have a decent period but overall he wasn't worth the money they spent on him and he was loaned out and didn't find his feet before dropping down a level. I appreciate there are various circumstances like injuries, playing out of position and only getting cameos that have not helped him. But to say he was worth the money is just false, so I'd put him in the flop category.

That's not to say I don't want him though, because I really do. He has found his form here, he plays in his favourite position and I genuinely think he can take that step up and find the form that got him sold for 12 million in the first place.

I get what you're saying, BD. I find when people usually refer to a player being a flop, they think about whether the player fit the league and whether they played well for the team. I think Gaston certainly did well for the time he was given a more prominent role in the side and that's played a big part in Southampton's rise up the table.

But I can understand how £12m + 4 years of 60k wages with zero return because his contract has ran out can be deemed as a financial flop.

So we've got Morisson and Ramirez lined up on frees and Mandi for 4 million. That leaves a hell of a lot of money available to strenghten the wide areas, GK, and competition in striker, midfield and defence as we will also likely bring in 1-2 loans.

So we've got Morisson and Ramirez lined up on frees and Mandi for 4 million. That leaves a hell of a lot of money available to strenghten the wide areas, GK, and competition in striker, midfield and defence as we will also likely bring in 1-2 loans.

I think we'll spend BIG on the wide areas and up front, and possibly on a new GK by the looks of it. Happy with that, we are still not scoring enough goals so it looks like we're working on that.

I think we'll spend BIG on the wide areas and up front, and possibly on a new GK by the looks of it. Happy with that, we are still not scoring enough goals so it looks like we're working on that.

First and foremost I want the most money spent on wide areas and GK (providing of course we land Ramirez on a free)

According to our good friend Alan Nixon Boro are trying to agree terms to Reims for the transfer of Mandi who is rated at £4m. Boro are looking to do a deal quickly and are going for 5/6 new players this summer.

From what I've seen and read about him we need to be all over it for £4m, like the gazette podcast said the other day we don't need to haggle as much anymore so hopefully we'll get this tied up quick.

Ask him if we are after praet and if he thinks we'll get him km

I'd ask him but he's blocked me for some reason :D