• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The links to ex players coming back like Morrison is a no go for me, from what we have seen thus far it appears not to work out as well as anticipated.

Like others the links to Europe are potentially very interesting and exciting.

This is going to be a very different transfer thread than we have been used to!

Also I see a fair parting of the ways moving ahead and would not be surprised to see Reach, Leadbitter, Adomah moving on

Victor Valdes is out of favour at United... Could be a cheap deal!

That would be an amazing signing. He may not have had much gametime in the last few seasons but you can't deny his ability.

I really hope we keep Adomah as I reckon he will really grow as a player in the PL, you need wingers with pace and who can beat a man and Adomah can do that, just need the same on the left so we're more balanced

Mousa Dembele from Fulham is a good shout. He's out of contract in the summer but will still cost a considerable amount of compensation. He has been linked with far bigger clubs like Tottenham and Chelsea but he would surely be far more likely to be a first team regular here.

cannot believe people are actually talking about moving adomah on already.

he IS our only winger and has been our best winger all season. look at the stats.

'i think we need ayala and clayton to move on'

well we are talking of getting shot of our best att mid/winger might as well sell our other best players.

ffs :) :) :)

lets all concentrate on who we are going to strengthen with not which of our first choice players who got us promoted are not good enough. where is the loyalty?

Surely going to be one of the most exciting windows in recent years?

Surprised to see quite a few people looking to dump Adomah

I'd be looking for:

GK - 1st team

CM - Competition

RB - 1st team / competition

CM - 1st team

AM - Ramirez!

LW - 1st team

I really hope we keep Adomah as I reckon he will really grow as a player in the PL, you need wingers with pace and who can beat a man and Adomah can do that, just need the same on the left so we're more balanced

I'd keep him in the squad but he needs to be out of the first team. He and George have appalling delivery in the final third.

We've talked about a lack of goals and a large part of this is the decision making and execution in the final third.

Next season we won't get so many chances and will need to be much more clinical in our decision making and passing in and around the box.

Entirely possible (indeed, probable) this is just Twitter chatter, but names mentioned there today:

Dennis Praet, from Anderlecht

Laurent Depoitre, from Gent

I would be very surprised to see Leadbitter and Adomah leaving.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Morrison come back, either. He's a good Premier League player, not outstanding but he's got so much experience now. He's well appreciated at West Brom. Pretty sure him and McMahon were United fans from that bunch of academy graduates (though that challenge on Ronaldo might make you think otherwise) so maybe not as much affiliation with us but still a link there.

Much less likely, but if Sunderland went down, wonder if Cattermole would come back. Gibson has said this season the one sale he felt he got wrong was Cattermole and it's with players like him and Morrison that I think Gibson would be telling Aitor he can probably make the call to see if they're available. Cattermole wouldn't exactly get the fans excited and I'm not sure he would be the kind of signing we need either, just throwing another ex-player in the mix.

Morrison aside, I think it would be surprising to see any ex-players return. Would seem crazy to have this scouting system set up if we didn't have a few players in mind from it.

I'd keep him in the squad but he needs to be out of the first team. He and George have appalling delivery in the final third.

We've talked about a lack of goals and a large part of this is the decision making and execution in the final third.

Next season we won't get so many chances and will need to be much more clinical in our decision making and passing in and around the box.

I'd agree with Friend but I wouldn't for Adomah.

He's got an absolutely sublime cross on him. He just needs to be more consistent with it.

I feel pretty certain Adomah will stay and get his chance in the Premier League - he's been a regular creative outlet for us, and I'm sure he'll get a shot. I'd like there to be some strong competition for him in the team, though, so that he has to be at his best to keep his place. As much as Stuani has merits in how he plays, it's generally been Downing that Stuani has replaced, not Adomah - so it's more Stuani's place that's under threat than Adomah's, I reckon.

I'd agree with Friend but I wouldn't for Adomah.

He's got an absolutely sublime cross on him. He just needs to be more consistent with it.

albert has clearly been working on his crossing, those back post curlers he puts in are proper dangerous. defenders get a massive flap on when he put them in especially the ones from the left side.