• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bamford's stock is low now so we could get him on a good deal, especially in this age of crazy finances - he'd still quite a bit more than £4 million though!. Selling Nugent to a rich Championship club would be a good piece of business. His wages will be somewhere near £35-40k a week so they could be better spent on a higher quality striker(like Bamford).

Quality not quantity. The spine/spirit is already there. Best to keep that together and add a few 'get you out of your seat' signings. Apart from the obvious gaps in the squad that need to be filled with decent options, I'd rather we invest in some players with more pedigree then those we already have. The likes of Bamford at this level and at this time wouldn't quite cut it for me.

The speculation on the money available for James Morrison is just that. I would love JM to return, but on a realistic contract. Would A N Other club offer a similar amount as those deals being bandied about for his services to us. Surely we are not going to become the PL version of an old peoples home for players long past there sell by date.

Forget signing previous Boro players, We should be looking at fresh, New & better talent.

I don't want Bamford, Morrison or anymore ex Boro players, Downing is enough & I would sell him if an offer came in.

We're not going to be able to guarantee Bamford as much football as we would have been able to before, and considering Bamford's just spent a full season hardly playing at all, he's going to want to go somewhere where he's guaranteed football.

In any case, bringing Bamford back would be a gamble, based on him finding form again (this time in a higher divison) which he hasn't found for over a year now. If we were going to bring him back I would definitely want it to be a permanent deal, I wouldn't want him seeing us as another stepping stone in his career again. He'd have to come back with passion and determination, ready to fight for his place in the team, and he'd have to start contributing with goals quickly, the Premier League is unforgiving and we don't have time to wait around for him to start scoring goals.

Just a guess but no ex Boro players will be signing for us... There's a reason we have hired new scouting talent... We already have a core if British players, Anymore British players signed won't be ex Boro players, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign any British players this transfer window.