•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Players who I would sell are....

De Pena

Downing

Nugent

Leadbitter.. We will struggle like mad if AK sticks with him in midfield, He simply isn't good enough for premier league football & that will be proved this season.

Just a guess but no ex Boro players will be signing for us... There's a reason we have hired new scouting talent... We already have a core if British players, Anymore British players signed won't be ex Boro players, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign any British players this transfer window.

Yep, I don't think we've brought in Victor Orta and whoever else, just to bring back Bamford and Morrison.

De Pena

Downing

Nugent

Leadbitter.. We will struggle like mad if AK sticks with him in midfield, He simply isn't good enough for premier league football & that will be proved this season.

No need to sell Leadbitter. Not on ridiculous wages, seems like a decent leader. Would be a decent bench option, also one of his last chances to prove himself in the prem. He's not worth selling for what we would get for him,

De Pena

Downing

Nugent

No need to sell Leadbitter. Not on ridiculous wages, seems like a decent leader. Would be a decent bench option, also one of his last chances to prove himself in the prem. He's not worth selling for what we would get for him,

Fair points CF but I think if Leadbitter stays AK will play him.. He Dillydallies on the ball & will get give possession away to better players, His sideways/Backwards passing will put his teammates under pressure causing them to mistakes.. Basically I think he will cost us goals.

He has been a good pro for us but No sentiments in football from me so get rid.

But the championship allows very little space or time so I think your still being unfair to leadbitter. My opinion though.

Leadbitter might do fine, If he is given the chance I hope he does brilliant.. I think we need someone much better than him alongside Clayton though.

But the championship allows very little space or time so I think your still being unfair to leadbitter. My opinion though.

So is nugent out Bamford in like a thing? I was thinking it could happen but wasn't sure we'd sell nugent as Karanka seems to like him.

Hopefully we aren't to loyal like Norwich we're.. The best description I can give to Leadbitter is O'Neil, He isn't good enough for the premier league but they stuck with him, Just like Jerome, He isn't premier league standard but they stuck with him.. When last summers transfer window shut, Norwich where relegated because they were to loyal.

Totally agree that Leadbitter deserves the chance to show he can do it in the Premier. I'd like to see there being a bit of extra competition in there though too so that if he's on the pitch it's because he's proving that he deserves to be, but then I'd like that in all areas of the pitch.

Like others, I think if Nugent were to move on, then Bamford would be a good pick to take his spot in the squad. I'd be surprised if we weren't also looking at another striker to challenge for starting spot with Rhodes, though.

I agree with you on leadbitter NB, don't mind keeping him but not sure I could handle having him and clayton still as our 1st choice midfield. Clayton I think can do it but imo leadbitter is a less talented version of clayton. Even if we hadn't been promoted I think it would have been time to replace grant, now we definitely have to if we really want to move forward.

How have people come to the conclusion Leadbitter won't cut it at PL level? People are talking as if he's a failed PL player. He had about 2 seasons as a PL player with Sunderland about 8 years ago before he moved to Ipswich. Not many English players have made it by 22 or 23.

Since then he's had about 300 Championship appearances, during which time he has been one of Ipswich's and our most consistent players. He's not going to set the world alight but he's solid enough and before our huge dip in form this season, it wasn't just Clayton who was getting the plaudits but Leadbitter too.

I'm not saying we should rely on Leadbitter entirely nor should we just stick with what we have and hope for the best. But I really don't see him as being someone who will disappoint often. He'll do a job at this level and I have no doubt he'll play a big part should we stay up. He's the captain of a promotion winning side and the last thing you want to lose is your leaders.

At the same time how have you came to the conclusion that people want to 'lose' leadbitter?

Like you said he will 'do a job' for us, but tbh if we want to progress then 'doing a job' isn't enough. We have to look for more at this level, people have got it into their heads that next season we 'just survive'. No, we've got the manager, scout system and ambitious chairman to do far more than just survive. Let's show some ambition come on guys.