oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I mean mahrez is arguably an even better signing because he was only like 500k. Kante still cost a few million I think?

Both Amazing signings especially considering their fees.

If you could choose one for Boro, Who would it be?.. I would go for Kante.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't it be great to sign a relatively unknown midfielder & he turned out to be as good as Kante.. What a great player he is, He has got to be one of the best signings from any premier league team in a long time.. How did all those scouts miss him, Particularly Newcastle's Lol.

Definitely.... and thereby NOT signing Ramirez on some stupid wages.

I was chatting with a Southampton mate on Friday, and when I mentioned that Boro would probably want to sign Ramirez, he pointed out that THREE Premier League managers have had him in their squads, and none of them have ultimately thought he was good enough.

Don't get me wrong, I think he did a GREAT job for us this season. I just question, given that he has come up short in the PL before, whether he would be a good signing.

Would depend on the terms I guess.

Ramirez is 25 now, Sometimes it takes a player to mature into a better player/Be more consistent & sometimes it just clicks for a player at a certain club.

I was listening to Henry on sky sports talking about Payet.. He was ask something like, Were has he been & why did it take a team so long to spot his talent.. He said something like, Payet always had talent but he was inconsistent & it's basically too until now to fulfill his talent.

I mean mahrez is arguably an even better signing because he was only like 500k. Kante still cost a few million I think?

Both Amazing signings especially considering their fees.

If you could choose one for Boro, Who would it be?.. I would go for Kante.

Considering our weakness has always been the front four I'd take mahrez every single time.

Btw Daniel Aggers contract with Brondby is up in the summer and he has alluded to finding a foreign club to end his career. It will at a club where he doesn't have to play more than 20-25 games a season. He still has a very high level and is does very well when playing for Denmark. After so many years in the Premiership I have no doubt that Gibson and Ayala would benefit tremendously by having someone like Agger to learn from. They could learn so much. He is still good enough for the Premiership albeit not as first choice but would without doubt be ready when called upon. If AK wants an experienced defender to help out Gibbo and Ayala we could do a lot worse than getting a free Agger to provide backup and mentor.

Agger as competition would be really good for us. Has bags of premier league experience, is a bit no nonsense and physical, but can also play the ball out. Would he be interested in a move to us or is he on our list at all is a different matter.

Btw Daniel Aggers contract with Brondby is up in the summer and he has alluded to finding a foreign club to end his career. It will at a club where he doesn't have to play more than 20-25 games a season. He still has a very high level and is does very well when playing for Denmark. After so many years in the Premiership I have no doubt that Gibson and Ayala would benefit tremendously by having someone like Agger to learn from. They could learn so much. He is still good enough for the Premiership albeit not as first choice but would without doubt be ready when called upon. If AK wants an experienced defender to help out Gibbo and Ayala we could do a lot worse than getting a free Agger to provide backup and mentor.

Agger as competition would be really good for us. Has bags of premier league experience, is a bit no nonsense and physical, but can also play the ball out. Would he be interested in a move to us or is he on our list at all is a different matter.

I get the feeling he is after a move to warmer climates. Money isn't the issue for him. Reckon it's either a top-10 spanish club or a club like Fenerbache. I can't see him moving out of Europe.

Several United fans on Twitter reckon Mourinho will send us Rashford on loan... ;)

I'd take him over Bamford

I'd take Bamford, but up agaibst Rashford - there's no doubting who's the better player. Wether it's realistic bough is another matter.

I'd rather have Bamford on a permanent than Rashford on loan. Do we really want to count on a player with only 3 months of competitive football?

I'd rather have Bamford on a permanent than Rashford on loan. Do we really want to count on a player with only 3 months of competitive football?

Yet he's still made a bigger impact than PB on the big stage. PB's career has stalled.

Rashford seems a great talent and player don't get me wrong and he can go on to play for England ... But he is so far away from what we need next season it's untrue

An England striker who scores and creates?

What exactly DO we need then?

I can't see United wanting to loan out Rashford, he's been phenomenal for them.

JM will sign his own players, and he isn't a fan of youngsters himself so you never know.

Even if JM signs a world class striker, Rashford has shown he has the ability to be in the Man U squad & would be a brilliant player for them to have on the bench.

Loaning youngsters was fine in the championship but we are in the premier league now & should be building a squad with our own players with only loaning someone if they are an exceptional talent or we have an option/Desire to male the loan permanent.