• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, just back from injury...Britt Assombalonga.

Would anyone have interest?

I was thinking this earlier. But he would be a risk after the injury he has had. I would also put Will Hughes in that bracket as well.Both would be expensive and coming off bad injurys.

Iheanacho is very unlikely in my opinion..

Agreed. He's clearly a highly rated youngster at City. If Pellegrini is playing him, I don't think anyone has a hope in hells chance of thinking Pep will want to let him go anywhere.

The only reason I suggest Kelechi is that I think Pep will try and sign a striker or two and with Aguero/Kelechi not getting on, it could either be Aguero out or Kelechi out on loan. There doesn't seem to be room for them both unless they solve their differences.

The only striker I can see on his way out of City is Bony.. Don't think he fits in with the way Pep sets up his team

Bony has been a bit of a flop, so he will leave. Kelechi's immediate future will be down to Aguero though. I don't know why they don't get on, maybe Aguero sees him as a rival and as I said initially, it's unlikely to happen that Kelechi will go out on loan, but City have a lot of rebuilding to do. A lot will depend on whether they qualify for CL I guess as to whether they can go for the likes of Lewandowski.

Bony is another name though. It's not worked out at City but he's shown at Swansea that he can do it. Maybe he just needs to be the main man. We certainly wouldn't pay even half of what City paid though, so it's unlikely to happen.

Striker is a key position though and I don't think Rhodes or Nugent are good enough at PL level to be the main man.

I've said previously, here and on another thread, and I have seen someone else mention the name, Borja Baston and think he'd be a good loan signing although I hope we go for Haller as a young striker with talent. We are unlikely to get Janssen though.

For proven PL quality, this will be much harder to acquire. 

I think we will go to Spain for some purchases, naturally. Lucas Perez (Depor) would be a decent Karanka fit, but again, he's be more in the Gaston role if Gaston didn't come off.

The signings will probably be less exciting though but I do believe we'll make a better go of it in the transfer market than Burnley or the playoff winners.

Also, just back from injury...Britt Assombalonga.

Would anyone have interest?

I was thinking this earlier. But he would be a risk after the injury he has had. I would also put Will Hughes in that bracket as well.Both would be expensive and coming off bad injurys.

Hughes ran the show against Brighton on Monday, I think they'd be asking far too much though.

I thought about Assombalonga when I saw him on the FL show last night, maybe it'd be a bit too risky though.

Password: IwannaEatSteaksOffGeorgeFriends***Cheeks

This is Stubbz we're talking about.

The word "cream" or "creamy" appears in his password at least once, guaranteed ;)

Depoitre- he's scored in the Champions League, but he doesn't offer anything that Rhodes doesn't- big, burly striker.

McCormack- quite honestly, in my opinion, see above, just without the 'Champions League' bit.

Lukaku(the other one)- Dynamic full-back- Belgian international, but same level as Friend and Nsue at the moment, and we'd probably have to sell before he'd reach his peak.

My signing would be Sven Kums from Gent- 26, defensive midfielder, natural successor to Leadbitter, just with more attacking threat. About £15 million, I'd say, but worth it judging by his performances in Europe.