oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Maybe we should change things slightly and not actually call it as a Summer Transfer thread only start a transfer thread when a transfer is made, that way we can chat and debate about real information and not some of the lunacy we go through as other threads.

I hear it on the grapevine would be an apt title for what this actually is but boy still far too early and certainly one that has been started before an end of a season before

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely anyone can start a thread about anything they want, isn't that the whole point of a forum?

Leave it be, personally I hate the transfer threads, but I recognise the poster's right to start one.

You of course are correct in that Billy and so will apologise for questioning the idea of the thread.

However will stick to my suggestion of changing the actual header of the thread

Don't worry DS, this thread will become a general discussion thread just like all of the previous transfer threads.

Things don't really start to heat up until I start my "concise transfer thread", then you know we're in business! :)

Leaving it till the end of the season seems to be a far better time for a Summer Transfer thread as we will be able to discuss precisely what we need for which ever league we will be playing in, in terms of transfers players not being able to step up and all the associated ramifications that will go with promotion and hate to say it another season in the Championship.

However if players are linked of course we should discuss it but not as a transfer thread

Hmm shouldn't we wait until Karanka has been sacked for this thread to get going? Apparently if he goes we won't be able to sign anyone decent anyway.

Hmm shouldn't we wait until Karanka has been sacked for this thread to get going?  Apparently if he goes we won't be able to sign anyone decent anyway.

I'm pretty certain that the fact that we've got a striker lined up already is proof that Karanka is staying!

For this I am happy.

He doesn't sign half the players anyway so it means nowt. He's a gonner, Billy. You just need to start coming to terms with this now :(

He doesn't sign half the players anyway so it means nowt.  He's a gonner, Billy.  You just need to start coming to terms with this now :(

How dare you insinuate that Sir Steve Gibson signs players without AK's say so, what kind of chairman would do that?

He doesn't sign half the players anyway so it means nowt.  He's a gonner, Billy.  You just need to start coming to terms with this now :(

How dare you insinuate that Sir Steve Gibson signs players without AK's say so, what kind of chairman would do that?

aye probably best not to go down that rhode ;)

• Like 1

He doesn't sign half the players anyway

I'll revisit this in the summer as it's quite an interesting topic and not as cut and dry as it looks (but again whilst the seasons still going I don't think it's appropriate).

Well being serious for a minute, I'd say we've clearly signed players that I don't think he really wanted. But as he's getting the old tin tack soon it doesn't really matter.

I can delete it if people want me to, I thought that when rumours started flying around we should probably have a thread to discuss them on...