oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Interesting point LM although I think george will maintain that LB spot with a backup coming in and husband getting sold/loaned again. Agree about the rest.

Agree with that. I also think we will bring a defender in to rival Gibson for a spot next to Ayala. Think Ayala will be one of the first names on the team sheet. But it would also be a shame to not allow Gibson to progress, so that is why I think ask will bring in a rival and not a direct replacement. We will also bring in another midfielder but I suspect both leadbitter and Clayton to be given a chance to keep that midfield pairing going at the start of the season.

Is it possible that we could be expecting Julien de Sart to eventually progress into that CDM spot next to Clayton over the next season or two? I know we don't know much about him mind but we must have really rated him to bring him in with him only being 21.

apparently  Micheal Carrick is  a free agent in the summer having not been given a new deal yet ....ok hes 34 or 35   but   id take him on a one year deal .

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I'm not one for filling up with all these old timers on one last contract. It got QPR relegated when they went down that route. I would take arbeloa as I genuinely think he would fight for Karanka, but carrick would be a big no for me. Same goes with a lot of those old players out of contract. But then I think John Terry (due to the Kenyon link). He could be a huge player to learn from for Gibson and Ayala. But it kind of goes against my thoughts :/ probably also completely unrealistic.

Personally I'm not one for filling up with all these old timers on one last contract. It got QPR relegated when they went down that route. I would take arbeloa as I genuinely think he would fight for Karanka, but carrick would be a big no for me. Same goes with a lot of those old players out of contract. But then I think John Terry (due to the Kenyon link). He could be a huge player to learn from for Gibson and Ayala. But it kind of goes against my thoughts :/ probably also completely unrealistic.

He's also a terrible person. (Terry, not Carrick)

If we could get Bamford for cheap 2.5-6m I'd take him so long as his weekly salary was low, reason why is if we got relegated we'd have Rhodes and Bamford and that excites me!

I hope we give Husband a new contract also he's got potential.

I like John Terry (obviously in the minority there) but think he'll go to America

I like John Terry (obviously in the minority there) but think he'll go to America

Cmon even Perry and Sherry (John Terry's parents) don't like John Terry

us signing bamford? are you guys for real? seriously you're joking right?

he couldnt get a game all season and has failed to score one single goal and fans want us to sign him.

'no sentiment in football' signing an ex loanee who did okay is showing sentiment in football.

he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for the EPL. hes not even good enough for norwich ffs.

if we were in the championship and were forced to sell rhodes and nugent to balance books then i'd maybe think it was an option.

he couldnt get a game all season and has failed to score one single goal and fans want us to sign him.

'no sentiment in football' signing an ex loanee who did okay is showing sentiment in football.

if we were in the championship and were forced to sell rhodes and nugent to balance books then i'd maybe think it was an option.

Harry kane was not good enough for norwich.he has turned out alright.

'no sentiment in football'  signing an ex loanee who did okay is showing sentiment in football.

He didn't get a game for Palace because they signed like 3 other strikers as well as not being able to get shot of Dwight Gayle. That was entirely down to Palace.

I don't think we can say much about the Norwich situation, either. Once again, he's not been given much other than sub appearances and they've continued to mainly rely on Mbokani and Jerome. It was always going to be difficult for him to settle down there after the Palace spell anyway.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with sentiment. We're not trying to do him a favour any more as we did with the loan, we're looking at how we can improve our options and that's why it has to be a permanent signing this time round, no more loans because it has to be to help us rather than him now.

He's played for us in Karanka's system and whilst it might have been slightly undeserved (because Deeney should have won it, really, out of the 3), he won player of the year. He scored 19 goals for us, our most prolific striker since Viduka and Yakubu, and the best return of any player we've had in the Championship. But oh right, 'he did okay' is how we judge that... :rolleyes:

I find it funny how people say "wellllll he struggled there so that means he'll struggle here too". Every football club is a totally different environment. Bamford has struggled at his past two clubs but when he was here he was our player of the season. Ayala couldn't get into the Norwich side yet us signing him didn't turn out too badly did it?. Same with Ramirez who struggled at Southampton and Hull before impressing for us. Bamford was our player of the season by an absolute mile. He's tried and tested here so if he becomes available at a reasonable price then I hope we're in for him.

comparing paddy bamford to harry kane. :) :) :)

In fairness didn't Kane burst onto the scene from absolutely nowhere?

A few not great loans at lower league clubs and then he suddenly becomes the best striker in the league, or am I misremembering?

It's a little soon to say Bamford won't have a similar impact (although not to the same degree obviously, Harry Kane is something special) but you can see why you could use Kane as a comparison.

comparing paddy bamford to harry kane. :) :) :)

TBF, Harry Kane had done sweet f all before last season. Kane was only on the 20 goal mark after 75 games, combining 10 appearances for Spurs with 4 loans at 3 different levels of English football. Bamford almost achieved that in one full season of games.

Since he got into the Spurs side as a permanent starter, he hasn't stopped scoring. Bamford hasn't even had that chance but in his first 69 games (the situation after he had just joined us) he had 29 goals.

If we're comparing the two prior to being actually given a chance in the PL, Bamford was actually a better goalscorer. And I would very much argue Bamford has not been given a significant chance in the PL.

I'm not saying he is going to set the league alight and score as many as Kane has for Spurs, that would be unrealistic. But from what we can compare about the 2, Bamford had actually done better.