oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

How reliable is this Sports Witness website, I dont remember seeing it referenced before this window?

Is it to be taken fairly seriously?

They have 56k twitter followers so surely they must have some credibility?

Granted most of their stuff just looks like regurgitated rumours from other papers.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How reliable is this Sports Witness website, I dont remember seeing it referenced before this window?

Is it to be taken fairly seriously?

They have 56k twitter followers so surely they must have some credibility?

Granted most of their stuff just looks like regurgitated rumours from other papers.

Good enough for me...

LLORENTE! He would bring some great experience to the dressing room. Also, if used correctly, an absolute beast!

I'd love him. A really strong player, proper target man and would be a handful for any Premier League defender. The amount of crosses we put into the box as well he should be getting on a few of them!

I like the idea is Llorente. Can play on his own in a 4-2-3-1 or as part of a 2 pairing up front, maybe to help Rhodes like Gestede did? Apart from Llorente, Praet and Mandi the rest of the rumours are not very inspirational. I'm sure whatever Karanka does though will be well planned and if he can improve them, as he we hope he does with Fischer, they will be what we need to stay in the prem next season.

Is Bernardo E a left footed CB?

Anyhow, don't wan Westeood but we do need a better keeper for prem.

havent seen a massive amount of Llorente but i know he was in Spains recent euro and world cup squads so  he must have done something right during the past seasons,

from the little ive seen of him he seems a similar type of player to Kike but maybe a leaague /standard higher . doesnt look like he does subtle :D :D

havent seen a massive amount of Llorente but i know he was in Spains recent euro and world cup squads so  he must have done something right during the past seasons,

from the little ive seen of him he seems a similar type of player to Kike but maybe a leaague /standard higher . doesnt look like he does subtle :D :D

Nah mate, Llorente is over 6'5" and far more physical than Kike. The guy's a bit of a mountain but not as full of running.

Shrewd signing by Roma of Rudiger. Looks like a quality player who's young, quick and not scared to tackle at only 23 for around 7m. Type of player I'd like to see us sign imo

David Marshall is the keeper I'd want to see us sign. Realistic, shouldn't cost a fortune and a better option that the Westwood in terms of consistency.

Are you seriously questioning his consistency? He's been Championship goalkeeper of the year twice and has won Sheff Weds player of the season the last 2 years prior to this one and people would say this season was probably his best to date. Probably would've been in team of the year again this season if it wasn't for Heaton's fine form. Just because he has never been at ***nal, United, Chelsea, etc. doesn't mean he's not a quality keeper. Some of the suggestions on here are laughable

- Begovic, Ospina, Reina - let's get realistic! I wouldn't pay £6m for Westwood but if we can get him for around £3m I think it'd be a top signing.

David Marshall is the keeper I'd want to see us sign. Realistic, shouldn't cost a fortune and a better option that the Westwood in terms of consistency.

I mentioned Marshall previously and someone mentioned Cardiff wanted 8m for him.

So don't think he'll be cheap.

Plus as someone else said you're criminally underrating Westwood.

Shrewd signing by Roma of Rudiger. Looks like a quality player who's young, quick and not scared to tackle at only 23 for around 7m. Type of player I'd like to see us sign imo

Was that fee agreed as part of their loan deal from last season?

Edit: yes it was and it looks like they'll instantly be selling him for upwards of £15m.

Would people class Llorente as a "big name" signing? I certainly would, especially for a newly promoted club. Ok he's had a poor season for Sevilla but that does not make him a bad player, he's been there and done it at some of the biggest clubs in the world. He's got a World Cup winners medal! I'd certainly be excited by this signing, it just makes you wonder the calibre of players we are looking at!

I think there might be something in the Llorente rumours like. We were after Daryl Murphy last summer, I think AK wants a big physical striker to play in his system. I don't think he's satisfied with what he's got right now I.e. Nugent/Rhodes