oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Gsnackfootball-logo.svg

225x100http://cdn.footballleagueworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/flw_logo.svg[/img]

•  

Middlesbrough plotting major swoop for Sheffield Wednesday star

westwood34.jpg

30x30http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1b048989c8f20bae65d8f230b90805a6?s=30&d=mm&r=g[/img] Date: 3rd June 2016 at 8:00pm

Written by: Jay Williams

Premier League new boys Middlesbrough are considering a swoop for Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Keiren Westwood, according to the Northern Echo.

Westwood will shortly be leaving to take part in Euro 2016 with the Republic of Ireland, and Boro are eyeing him up as they search for reinforcements between the sticks.

The 31-year-old has had a tremendous season for Sheffield Wednesday and an inspired performance in the play-off final almost spurred the Owls on to promotion.

However they just fell short and Westwood could now be tempted to return to both the Premier League and the North East with Boro.

Aitor Karanka could trigger the former Sunderland, Coventry and Carlisle goalkeeper’s reported £2.5m release clause in the Irishman’s contract.

With Middlesbrough needing a new goalkeeper to compete with Dimi Konstantopoulos and Tomas Mejias, the move could well suit both parties.

Sheffield Wednesday fans what do you think to this news? Is £2.5m below your valuation of your ‘keeper? Would this move give Joe Wildsmith a real chance of nailing a permanent first team spot in goal? Let us know in your comments below!

417 people read this  

generic_profile.png  

t

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EXCLUSIVE

I've just driven back home for the weekend up the M1 and happen to have seen a number plate on a fancy car that can only have been a footballers.

The number plate was L10 RRD

Which as I'm sure you can all agree means that the Lord himself has decided to sign for Boro.

I'd like to be the first to welcome the Lord himself Nicklas Bendtner to our great club.

EXCLUSIVE

I've just driven back home for the weekend up the M1 and happen to have seen a number plate on a fancy car that can only have been a footballers.

Which as I'm sure you can all agree means that the Lord himself has decided to sign for Boro.

I'd like to be the first to welcome the Lord himself Nicklas Bendtner to our great club.

Haha. We will NOT be signing bendtner. No way. Is this story for real?

I'd love Giroud here. He gets a lot of stick from ***nal fans but he is really a very good striker.

Slightly out of our reach I'd say but yes he would be top of my list of unattainable PL strikers

So in your list of unattainable strikers, Giroud is above Aguero, Kane, Lukaku, Vardy and Benteke.

I'd love Giroud here. He gets a lot of stick from ***nal fans but he is really a very good striker.

Slightly out of our reach I'd say but yes he would be top of my list of unattainable PL strikers

So in your list of unattainable strikers, Giroud is above Aguero, Kane, Lukaku, Vardy and Benteke.

I'd put Kane lukaku and aguero in total dream land premier league strikers that isn't even worth thinking about. I'd certainly take him over benteke and vardy though. Pointless conversation as we'll be signing Danny Graham on a 3 year deal.

Lads I was just driving past Darlington and I saw someone in one of these heading towards Rockcliffe.

1a591eb88cc20f467f7f1bcd68526642.jpg

EXCLUSIVE

Haha. We will NOT be signing bendtner. No way. Is this story for real?

Yes there was a car with that number plate, no it wasn't Nicklas Bendtner :D

The bit about a car that could've only been a footballers was a little bit of embellishment on my part.