• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't ayala contacted until the end of the 17/18 season? Would take a big offer for us to think about parting with him if that is the case.

Nope.

Expires next summer.

Doesn't really get mentioned much but what role do people see for De Sart this upcoming season? Didn't really get enough game time last season but he's got a bright future. Personally think he will force his way into the first team as soon as Leadbitter gets found out.

Which raises an interesting question:

Do you cash in this summer or risk loosing him on a bosman?

I suppose it depends on whether there is a good chance he'll sign a new contract.  If he won't because of whatever has gone on then you'd have to consider selling him but then you need to be looking to buy someone better ideally.  I'd already be looking to do that anyway.

Doesn't really get mentioned much but what role do people see for De Sart this upcoming season? Didn't really get enough game time last season but he's got a bright future. Personally think he will force his way into the first team as soon as Leadbitter gets found out.

I've talked to a couple Belgian fans on reddit and they're REALLY high on him. Like, REALLY high.

He's supposedly got a terrific long pass on him too.

If you look at De Sart's career so far gone on similar route to Praet played at every level for Belgium from under16 only the full cap has eluded him but only young so plenty of time for that. 

Exciting prospect for me, we may just have an unknown gem in our squad, Belgium players are doing especially well in the PL.

Isn't ayala contacted until the end of the 17/18 season? Would take a big offer for us to think about parting with him if that is the case.

Nope.

Expires next summer.

Ah. Contract him up then!

Nah, I don't think Ayala will be off anywhere. Look at the last 15 mins of the game vs Brighton. He was head and shoulders above everyone else and was a lion at the back.

No one is doubting his quality.

I meant he looked like he wanted to play for us, rather than put in a limp performance. Surely if he didnt want to stay he wouldnt have tried so hard in that game.

Could've been just to get a promotion under his belt. Joey Barton talked constantly about Burnley and fighting for promotion. As soon as it happened he went to Rangers.

De saart was our alternative to lindelof so we must rate him just as highly.

As for Ayala if he's putting off signing a new contract then the logical thing would be to sell him. We seem to be looking at a couple of defenders who you would consider a first choice option so maybe he is off this summer?

"Forward Jese Rodriguez is out of contract in June 2017 and Madrid do not want him to leave on a free transfer next year. As such, if coach Zinedine Zidane wants him to stay, Real will offer him a new contract. If not, the club could look to transfer him away over the next couple of months."

If we're looking to sign anyone from Real Madrid, Jese is probably as realistic as it gets. Shares the same agent as Fernando Amorebieta and Gaizka Mendieta. 2 + 2 = 4. ;)

You tell him to sign a short extension with the promise of selling him next season, or risk losing a year out of football as a reserve player for us. His wages aren't significant and I doubt he'll fetch a decent fee.

Anyways I think he will sign a new contract with a relegation release clause.

jese at boro lol, is he the spanish version of barmby signing. i was shocked when we got him. got to laugh though but you never know it could happen. we got juninho and barmby first season up, then emmo and rav the year after. this time next year if we stay up are we going to sign porto's best midfielder and juve first choice striker.

You tell him to sign a short extension with the promise of selling him next season, or risk losing a year out of football as a reserve player for us. His wages aren't significant and I doubt he'll fetch a decent fee.

Surely threatening him like that would just serve to further get his back up (if it is indeed up) and ensure we have a defender who doesn't want to pay for us.

I hope he signs a year or two extension. I think he'll be great in the prem.

Surely threatening him like that would just serve to further get his back up (if it is indeed up) and ensure we have a defender who doesn't want to pay for us.

I hope he signs a year or two extension. I think he'll be great in the prem.

If he plays hardball he'd have to expect that the club will do so too and not just cave in. It's a mute point though, as I really don't think there is a problem. He's the first name on the team sheet throughout AKs stint here and Ayala must surely know that AK really rates him. He's loved at the club and things will get sorted now that we are in the Prem.