oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I can't see Praet going anywhere but Sevilla. Looks like he is really set on that move, and if the difference is only 3 million Euros I'm sure the clubs are going to find common ground over the next month before pre-season starts.

3million is 50% higher than Sevilla want to pay :P

there is also a 20% sell on clause owed to Praet on top of these figures

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also if spurs are getting janssen I'm guessing that rules them out of getting dembele from Fulham who would be a great free transfer.

It won't be a free, Fulham would be due compensation

Still it takes 'agreeing a fee' out of the equation and they would have asked for at least £12m.

I can't see Praet going anywhere but Sevilla. Looks like he is really set on that move, and if the difference is only 3 million Euros I'm sure the clubs are going to find common ground over the next month before pre-season starts.

Sevilla must rate praet higher than ziyech then who it seems would be more affordable than praet. I wonder if we do aswell since we apparently bid for praet before all this ziyech rumours.

Maybe so, but it's still "only" 3 million Euros, which isn't a lot for a Champions League club. But then again, it's hard to make comments on Sevillas economy.

The 20% sell on clause is Anderlechts problem and not the buying club, which is probably why Anderlecht is adament that he is going to cost 9 million.

Maybe so, but it's still "only" 3 million Euros, which isn't a lot for a Champions League club. But then again, it's hard to make comments on Sevillas economy.

The 20% sell on clause is Anderlechts problem and not the buying club, which is probably why Anderlecht is adament that he is going to cost 9 million.

Anderlecht want the 9m for themselves plus the 20% for the player, Sevilla are offering 6m plus the 20%.

We're of a far higher prestige than any other team and we'd be able to offer a big pay packet as well, for those linked to Ziyech. Once Sevilla get Praet it will leave the door open for us to step in, assuming Karanka wants him.

Sevilla must rate praet higher than ziyech then who it seems would be more affordable than praet. I wonder if we do aswell since we apparently bid for praet before all this ziyech rumours.

Praet is regarded as Wonderkid with a huge future sell on fee. 

Ziyech is arguably a better player at the moment ( in-term of goals and assists).

The rumours were that boro have offered around the 10m mark for both, no idea if it's a case of whichever one happens is good, or if we would want both.  (all rumours though)

Also if spurs are getting janssen I'm guessing that rules them out of getting dembele from Fulham who would be a great free transfer.

It won't be a free, Fulham would be due compensation

Still it takes 'agreeing a fee' out of the equation and they would have asked for at least £12m.

would still need to pay a fee of some nature due to his age, if the clubs can;t agree on the compensation then it will go to a tribunal like Ings has

We're of a far higher prestige than any other team and we'd be able to offer a big pay packet as well, for those linked to Ziyech. Once Sevilla get Praet it will leave the door open for us to step in, assuming Karanka wants him.

Dortmund are one of the clubs linked to Ziyech. They could offer similar or more and are a much bigger club with a recent history of playing attacking football. Would be the perfect club to go to.

Dortmund are one of the clubs linked to Ziyech. They could offer similar or more and are a much bigger club with a recent history of playing attacking football. Would be the perfect club to go to.

Dortmund would also have room for Ziyech the rate they are losing players.

Really? They've already signed Ousmane Dembele and Emre Mor as young starlets in the attacking department along with Rode as a CM. Do they really need another young, relatively unproven player? If they sell Abumayeng for 50 million I'm sure they will be looking at players that are more proven. You can only integrate so many talents at once.

Really? They've already signed Ousmane Dembele and Emre Mor as young starlets in the attacking department along with Rode as a CM. Do they really need another young, relatively unproven player? If they sell Abumayeng for 50 million I'm sure they will be looking at players that are more proven. You can only integrate so many talents at once.

I dont think we can discount Dortmund from the reckoning just because they have already signed some players. Just trying to be realistic of Ziyech, as much as I want him!

But the premier league is a major pull for a lot of players these day

It is, but we may have to establish ourselves as a premier league team over a couple of seasons before we can start attracting European players on the basis that we are a premier league club, a bit like Stoke or West Ham have done.

Would the majority of players that we are rumoured to be interested in, have signed for Norwich or Bournemouth last season?

Ok there is more money on offer now, but cash would be the major pull, not the chance to play for us. Plenty have already stated that we don't want players to sign up just for a pay day, but that might be our only strategy.