oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Like some have said youtube can make anyone look good, best not buy Ziyech then, just in case we end up getting out our fingers burnt.

I'm sure our scouting team don't use YouTube.

But fans would be wise to remember the Jelle Vossen ***-a-thon they had based on football manager and YouTube.

Turned out he was just ***.

If Ziyech had looked a one paced donkey on youtube I would be concerned, but I can't understand the negativity.

If the scouts have done their homework then there'll be a in depth report showing Karanka the benefits of signing him, as I would imagine will be the case for most player's we are interested in.

No one has said we shouldn't sign him. All some of us have said is that YouTube can make anyone look good. It's not that hard. I'll trust the scouting at our club but I won't fall over backwards because of a compilation of his best stuff. He looks very talented and direct but it's in a *** league. Only a few teams in that league are good enough to play in the Prem.

All that said the description of him, his stats, the clubs that have been linked to him and the words of that user from Holland who was on here makes me think he could very well be an exciting signing.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like some have said youtube can make anyone look good, best not buy Ziyech then, just in case we end up getting out our fingers burnt.

But fans would be wise to remember the Jelle Vossen ***-a-thon they had based on football manager and YouTube.

If Ziyech had looked a one paced donkey on youtube I would be concerned, but I can't understand the negativity.

That's the point no one looks a one laced donkey on YouTube.

He looks like he's got more than the basics but I've not seen him play enough to form an opinion.

No doubt someone will have seen him play a dozen or so times if we are interested.

How do you know he's not a one paced donkey if you hadn't seen him on youtube or at any other time.

That's the point no one looks a one paced donkey on YouTube.

He looks like he's got more than the basics but I've not seen him play enough to form an opinion.

No doubt someone will have seen him play a dozen or so times if we are interested.

A dozen or so times? Mate I've been scouting this guy since he was in the womb - like to keep tabs on a player's development and that.

I think we were all a little underwhelmed by Vossen's contribution, but to say he was terrible that season is massive revisionism, particularly when his partnership with Bamford basically dragged us through the last 10 games or so.

gazette reporting that Mandi has fallen through after failing to make an agreement with his representatives

Ffs wasn't there just some French article saying it was close?

wasn't there a lot of talk about either another French club or Malaga being his preferred option? probably just seeing if they could get a ridiculous offer out of us

it could just end up being like the Rhodes deal, with them coming back to the table, we're going to have to play hardball with everyone now knowing how much money is in the premier league and our need to strengthen.

This will still happen if it is what both parties want, same with Ramirez. But if the players are looking for whoever offers them more money, they can get stuffed.

Annoying but we will have plenty of other targets.

But it's always disappointing when you miss out on you first choice targets. I'm surprised the club are providing the Gazette with this sort of information with regards to transfers isn't it better to keep tight lipped until you're ready to confirm a signing.

Annoying but we will have plenty of other targets.

But it's always disappointing when you miss out on you first choice targets. I'm surprised the club are providing the Gazette with this sort of information with regards to transfers isn't it better to keep tight lipped until you're ready to confirm a signing.

Suggests it might be a bit of PR, if they provided the information there's a reason for it.