• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone else feel like the club uses the Gazette as a negotiation tool? They are suspiciously quick to report when the club are "giving up" or "cooling interest", and to me it's just part of the negotiation game. Sometimes it won't pay off, sure, but sometimes it will a la Rhodes. Because when it comes to it, it's unusual for the player to hold more offers than the club has alternative options, so the club almost always has the upper hand.

Does anyone else feel like the club uses the Gazette as a negotiation tool? They are suspiciously quick to report when the club are "giving up" or "cooling interest", and to me it's just part of the negotiation game. Sometimes it won't pay off, sure, but sometimes it will a la Rhodes. Because when it comes to it, it's unusual for the player to hold more offers than the club has alternative options, so the club almost always has the upper hand.

Yes.

They're very quick to deny interest, cooling in talks etc but not so quick to report on interest in players.

Yes.

They're very quick to deny interest, cooling in talks etc but not so quick to report on interest in players.

Agreed, I've said previously not to underestimate the power of the internet.

I think it sums it up the fact Luke De Jong is regarded as one of the better strikers in that league and let's all remember what he did for Newcastle in the Premier league...

So was Suarez and let's all remember what he did for Liverpool in the premier league...

Annoying but we will have plenty of other targets.

But it's always disappointing when you miss out on you first choice targets. I'm surprised the club are providing the Gazette with this sort of information with regards to transfers isn't it better to keep tight lipped until you're ready to confirm a signing.

Anyone think we're trying to call his bluff?!

I think it sums it up the fact Luke De Jong is regarded as one of the better strikers in that league and let's all remember what he did for Newcastle in the Premier league...

So was Suarez and let's all remember what he did for Liverpool in the premier league...

That van persie wasn't bad either tbf

But it's always disappointing when you miss out on you first choice targets. I'm surprised the club are providing the Gazette with this sort of information with regards to transfers isn't it better to keep tight lipped until you're ready to confirm a signing.

Yep

Alves would have been quality if we provided him with some adequate service ffs. We had Matty Bates playing CM at one point, he was always going to fail

Yep

I think it is close to happening. Sounds like we've been given the go ahead from his club, it's just fine tuning the terms of the contract.

Yes.

Agreed, I've said previously not to underestimate the power of the internet.

I sometimes wonder if it's the club's sly way of letting the player know what's going on, if that makes sense. I don't suppose the player is often at the negotiation table, so they only hear the agent's side. I'm convinced in the case of Rhodes that after we so publicly sent away his agent with his tail between his legs, Jordan (or maybe even his father) told him to get his act together and compromise on the deal.

Alves would have been quality if we provided him with some adequate service ffs. We had Matty Bates playing CM at one point, he was always going to fail

I certainly agree with this to some extent. Matthew Bates in centre-midfield was an accident waiting to happen.