• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's not even bloody Scottish, he was born in Oldham and his dad's from Doncaster! The only reason he qualified to play for them is because he went to school in Scotland for 5 years whilst his dad was playing there. He made his debut for them as a substitute for another non-Scotsman, Jamie Mackie, too.

I think we've learned well enough to avoid players from the Scottish Premiership.

It's the quality of the player not where they are from that matters. Southampton's purchases from Scotland have been fine.

That's fair. But they are few and far between, and I don't think you can really assess the quality very easily if they're playing for Celtic. Certainly a no to Stokes from me.

He's not even bloody Scottish, he was born in Oldham and his dad's from Doncaster! The only reason he qualified to play for them is because he went to school in Scotland for 5 years whilst his dad was playing there. He made his debut for them as a substitute for another non-Scotsman, Jamie Mackie, too.

Yep, even James Morrison was born in Darlington.

I think we've learned well enough to avoid players from the Scottish Premiership.

It's the quality of the player not where they are from that matters. Southampton's purchases from Scotland have been fine.

That's fair. But they are few and far between, and I don't think you can really assess the quality very easily if they're playing for Celtic. Certainly a no to Stokes from me.

I agree Stokes is no where near what we need. He is lower championship level.

Any word on strikers we might be looking at typicalbrough?

Other than llorente there's been nothing, also there's a bit of noise about nugent which could suggest were willing to listen to offers for him so we would probably bring in 2 strikers. I know it's a bit of a risk but I wonder if we've looked at assombalonga (as a nugent replacement not main striker). He was deadly before his injury and seemed to have everything.

Also I really hope we're checking out Fulham dembele.

Other than llorente there's been nothing, also there's a bit of noise about nugent which could suggest were willing to listen to offers for him so we would probably bring in 2 strikers. I know it's a bit of a risk but I wonder if we've looked at assombalonga (as a nugent replacement not main striker). He was deadly before his injury and seemed to have everything.

I'd take a punt on Dembele. Young, quick, skilful and potentially massive resale value if he delivers in Prem. Would fit the clubs money all approach.

I think we'll bring in 2 strikers as well. One big money signing experienced pro and one youngster, wouldn't be surprised if it's Borja Gonzalez, but Dembele is a good shout.

I'd take a punt on Dembele. Young, quick, skilful and potentially massive resale value if he delivers in Prem. Would fit the clubs money all approach.

I think we'll bring in 2 strikers as well. One big money signing experienced pro and one youngster, wouldn't be surprised if it's Borja Gonzalez, but Dembele is a good shout.

KM are you referring to Baston? If so I mentioned him previously. Really wouldn't surprise me. We've had an interest in the lad almost since Karanka came to the club. He fits the highly rated youngster with room to improve model we seem to be adopting and I think AK worked with him at youth level. Simeone has told him he can go for €6m.

As a player he's starting to fulfil the potential he showed as as a kid.

I spoke to him last year and he said he wants to come to the premier league, although at that point he hoped he had a future with Athletico.

I also think we'll sign 2 strikers and suspect Nug will move on.

KM are you referring to Baston? If so I mentioned him previously. Really wouldn't surprise me. We've had an interest in the lad almost since Karanka came to the club. He fits the highly rated youngster with room to improve model we seem to be adopting and I think AK worked with him at youth level. Simeone has told him he can go for €6m.

As a player he's starting to fulfil the potential he showed as as a kid.

I spoke to him last year and he said he wants to come to the premier league, although at that point he hoped he had a future with Athletico.

I also think we'll sign 2 strikers and suspect Nug will move on.

Yes, I remember you mentioning him on Twitter a while back. If that's how much it would cost us then we should be all over it, 18 goals in 36 games on loan for Eibar! Have you ever seen him play? What sort of player is he?

Haven't been on here for a while. Has anything been happening?

From keeping up on Twitter, it seems Mandi might have fallen through and that's about it?

Tubantia are reporting that PSV aren't interested, that's there only update on Ziyech.

Nothing more on the Swansea link so hopefully it's false.

Tubantia are reporting that PSV aren't interested, that's there only update on Ziyech.

dutch football website says three clubs hovering

Twente want 8m guaranteed

reports suggest that Swansea have bid that amount

Boro apparently bid 5m upfront and 5.4 in clauses

dutch football website says three clubs hovering

Twente want 8m guaranteed

reports suggest that Swansea have bid that amount

Boro apparently bid 5m upfront and 5.4 in clauses

Cheers, they need the money up front. Hopefully we'll restructure the deal to suit them. 

Seems a snip at £8m.