• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's just wait and see how that deal is actually constructed. If the deal was signed with the intention of Ramirez actually never coming to play for them, I can see the fee becoming much lower as the summer moves on. Anyways I can't imagine him wanting to play in Uruguay when there are teams from some top European leagues interested.

Not if his missus wants to move home. Or if he himself is homesick. I think people sometimes assume every player is motivated by personal gains or glory. Many are, but for some there are other concerns.

With another good season behind him Redmond could be worth more than that himself.

Tin hat on, I'd much rather have Adomah in our team than Redmond at this moment in time. I don't see Redmond as an upgrade on Adomah.

Redmond is only going to get better. He will leave Norwich for the PL this summer, without a doubt. He's not the most glamorous name, but he'd be a decent signing, and with the English premium, a decent season could see him doubling his value.

With another good season behind him Redmond could be worth more than that himself.

Tin hat on, I'd much rather have Adomah in our team than Redmond at this moment in time. I don't see Redmond as an upgrade on Adomah.

I think you're right to put your tin hat on, because that's crazy :) Redmond has done it in the Premier league, and is much younger than Albert. I'm fairly confident that Redmond has put up better stats than Adomah the last few years as well.

Let's just wait and see how that deal is actually constructed. If the deal was signed with the intention of Ramirez actually never coming to play for them, I can see the fee becoming much lower as the summer moves on. Anyways I can't imagine him wanting to play in Uruguay when there are teams from some top European leagues interested.

Not if his missus wants to move home. Or if he himself is homesick. I think people sometimes assume every player is motivated by personal gains or glory. Many are, but for some there are other concerns.

Obviously, and that's why I said wait and see. But IF the agreement was signed without the intention of actually playing there, the fee could be significantly lowered. If there aren't any suiters willing to pay and he has no intention of playing there he has really painted himself into a corner. Any fee will have a negative effect on his wage demands and signing on fee (unless he gets a cut from Peñarol). All ifs and buts.

I think you're right to put your tin hat on, because that's crazy :) Redmond has done it in the Premier league, and is much younger than Albert. I'm fairly confident that Redmond has put up better stats than Adomah the last few years as well.

I'd certainly rather have Redmond/Adomah as options on the right than Stuani/Adomah. Norwich has just given him the valuable first year in the Prem, now it's time for us to reap the rewards. Speaking of Adomah he only has a year to run on his contract. Might be wise to tie him down as I can see him having a decent season.

Tin hat?? Straitjacket more like. :)

Just opening a potential can of worms, but regarding the thread title, I always understood the correct phrase to be 'dull as DITCHwater'. Have I been wrong all this time?

I think we are waiting on other targets before we make a decision on Redmond and klose. The offer was just over 10 million the 1st time other clubs have interest but no offers yet