oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Redmond is one of those players who is unlikely to drop in value. Another good season in the Prem and he will have really shown that he can do it. And that's when you really see the value sky rocket. Financially he is a "safe bet". He has already shown that he is good enough.

We haven't bought him yet and you are talking about selling him already. I think we'll be buying him for his footballing ability. Building a team that can stay in the premiership year on year, far outweighs any profit we'll make by selling a player and anyway, when did Boro ever make money on a player that we'd bought? (apart from TLF and possibly Ziege)

Well, I was just saying that I think he is much safer bet than a foreign import and that implies a financial gain as I can see him attracting interest from the bigger clubs if he performs for us too. That lad obviously has bags of talent. He has played 65 youth games for England including 30 for the U21's.

Of course that will help us build a strong team that can give us a great chance of establishing ourselves in the Prem, but realistically there is not much we can do if the biggest clubs come calling.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'd rather have Redmond than Adomah tbh. I was happy with Adomah's contribution last year, but he is quite hit and miss, and there's just something that's making me think he may not do so well in the Prem, I know that he has no previous experience so I am fully aware that my comments are pure conjecture, just a gut feeling.

I've always rated Redmond whenever I've seen him play, albeit limited times. He's young too, and likely to get better and develop.

I'd love to get Moussa Dembélé here, does anyone know how much we'd have to pay in terms of compensation?

I think it would be a pretty penny. Ings was £8-9m wasn't he? I think Spurs had him lined up for £6m in January but I think if it went through the committee, we'd end up having to pay more than that.

Not really sure he fits the bill of what we need, though.

Redmond is one of those players who is unlikely to drop in value. Another good season in the Prem and he will have really shown that he can do it. And that's when you really see the value sky rocket. Financially he is a "safe bet". He has already shown that he is good enough.

We haven't bought him yet and you are talking about selling him already. I think we'll be buying him for his footballing ability. Building a team that can stay in the premiership year on year, far outweighs any profit we'll make by selling a player and anyway, when did Boro ever make money on a player that we'd bought? (apart from TLF and possibly Ziege)

I know this is probably blatantly obvious but I'm having a mindblank.... who's TLF?

I know this is probably blatantly obvious but I'm having a mindblank.... who's TLF?

Come on :D

0,,39238226-DP,00.jpg

Yanic Wildschut and somehow Jutkiewicz :)

Wow, did we make money on the Juke?? Old Dyche likes to throw his money away doesn't he?

Wash your mouth out

Yanic Wildschut and somehow Jutkiewicz :)

Wow, did we make money on the Juke?? Old Dyche likes to throw his money away doesn't he?

If I recall correctly we bought him for around 1.2 and sold him for over 2!

Nah, don't forget that poor old Dyche only gets a handful of coppers as his transfer budget. Apparently he sold his body for 7 months to be able to afford Andre Gray.

There is this thing called 'sustainability'

That's why potential resale value is a big plus.

Remember the clip of how our finances turned out with the previous transfer policy.

TLF stands for The Little Fella, he probably doesn't get referred to by that name much these days.

I just looked up the Juke's deal, it looks like we didn't manage to make a profit on him...

We Bought the Juke for £1.3m and sold him for £1.2m apparently. We are owed another half a million when he reaches an agreed goals target and for performances... we are still waiting.

We were due to get another half million if Burnley stayed up, they didn't!

Remember the clip of how our finances turned out with the previous transfer policy.

Was that the one where Vickers was banging on about Moneyball, even though he got the concept totally wrong?

I'm pretty certain that was aired about a week before we bought veteran Stewart Downing for £7m :)

Was that the one where Vickers was banging on about Moneyball, even though he got the concept totally wrong?

I'm pretty certain that was aired about a week before we bought veteran Stewart Downing for £7m :)

You are hard work.

No one is saying we should only buy players to only look to sell them off for a profit. We want results not a big bank balance. Just that if they are likely to have good resale value or at least not drop in value because they are young, then that is a big plus when considering whether to buy a player. It helps the club to sustain itself.

Come on :D

0,,39238226-DP,00.jpg

Oh dear.. I must be having a hard day.

I'm going to disappear now for a few days. :(

In terms of redmond and value, I can't see us losing anything on him being young and English. Remember bamford played about 10 minutes last season and Chelsea still stuck an £8m price tag on him. Not sure why people wouldn't want him, I think £15m for both is reasonable