• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh you mean that 3rd striker we needed for cover & (popular unconfirmed theory) the guy we took on loan as a favour for a team. 

That Kike Sola? Yeah, real surprise we brought in someone to sit on the bench. :D

Ah, so you're now saying that maybe it is possible that we do it but that it doesn't really matter or count if it's only someone to sit on our bench?  I see.

I don't think we'd spend wages on someone like Falcao without him being on our list. Simple as. 

And I'm saying we brought Sola in because we wanted/needed a 3rd striker. I have no idea who was on our 3rd striker list & am not trying to claim otherwise.

Would Falcao be one of those signings that sells more season tickets?

If he was coming here in his prime, then yes. But he would still be an outstanding signing if he was to rediscover his form.

He might be, but I find it ridiculous that we'd take him & use up wages (that will almost still be large) if we didn't have enough interest to have him "on a list" just to please Mendes.

Do you think Chelsea really wanted him last season?  I don't think they did at all.  I think Mourinho accepted it because his agent just happens to be the very same person but that's about it.  Who is Karanka's agent nowadays?  I know who it was when he came here. Which club was Falcao linked to back in January when it became clear it wasn't happening for him at Chelsea?  Which agent is influential there?  Who else is a close associate of Mendes?  Do we know of any clubs where he has any influence?

So I would find it odd if we have him on a list of players that we're looking to sign, partly because of the expense, partly because of the complete lack of form for at least 2 years(?) and partly because I don't see him as the type of player Karanka would be desperate to sign or our scouting team would identify as someone we should be after.  But I'd be less surpsied if despite that he ended up here anyway for the reasons listed above and the one typicalbrough mentioned of course.

You're naive if you think the only reason players get signed is because they are on a list.

Would Falcao be one of those signings that sells more season tickets?

If he was coming here in his prime, then yes. But he would still be an outstanding signing if he was to rediscover his form.

Imagine if we could repeat what we did with Ramirez with falcao!

I still think the Kike Sola thing was funny, I don't believe for one second that he was somebody we were ever looking at bringing in for our squad's benefit. If we really, really needed an extra striker over a short term period, I'm sure we could have done better by getting someone in who was at least accustomed to our league the way Kenwyne Jones did for Bournemouth last year.

But people trying to justify it by saying he was a Kike replacement when we only sanctioned Kike's release when we brought Rhodes in, literally so late that Kike couldn't get registered.

I was wrong about Kike Sola being there on the final day I see but considering how little he was a part of the 18-man squad says enough. If Rhodes and Nugent had both got injured, I think even Aitor would have thought to stick Stuani up front before putting Kike Sola there.

He might be, but I find it ridiculous that we'd take him & use up wages (that will almost still be large) if we didn't have enough interest to have him "on a list" just to please Mendes.

Do you think Chelsea really wanted him last season?  I don't think they did at all.  I think Mourinho accepted it because his agent just happens to be the very same person but that's about it.  Who is Karanka's agent nowadays?  I know who it was when he came here. Which club was Falcao linked to back in January when it became clear it wasn't happening for him at Chelsea?  Which agent is influential there?  Who else is a close associate of Mendes?  Do we know of any clubs where he has any influence?

So I would find it odd if we have him on a list of players that we're looking to sign, partly because of the expense, partly because of the complete lack of form for at least 2 years(?) and partly because I don't see him as the type of player Karanka would be desperate to sign or our scouting team would identify as someone we should be after.  But I'd be less surpsied if despite that he ended up here anyway for the reasons listed above and the one typicalbrough mentioned of course.

You're naive if you think the only reason players get signed is because they are on a list.

I don't think we'd bring in someone of Falcao's name brand & probable wages just because Mendes is his agent. If you believe we didn't want Kike Sola then fine, we can stash him on the bench and give him 56 minutes of football or something and no one will bat an eyelid.

If Falcao came I think we'd have to play him & he'd cost a ton. I don't think we're stupid enough to do that.

I don't think we'd bring in someone of Falcao's name brand & probable wages just because Mendes is his agent. If you believe we didn't want Kike Sola then fine, we can stash him on the bench and give him 56 minutes of football or something and no one will bat an eyelid.

If Falcao came I think we'd have to play him & he'd cost a ton. I don't think we're stupid enough to do that.

I think we're exactly stupid enough to do that, if indeed it is stupid.  I think we would play him, I don't think he'd just sit on the bench to be clear and if he was able to rediscover something of his former self then you may have a good player on your hands.  However, I also believe we may sign players for all kinds of reasons that have nothing to do with being on a list.  Another example of us doing that is/was Lee Miller.

I wonder how many of these stories are just old stories being rehashed?  If you looked at all of the players we've been linked with so far, for us to be genuinely interested in them all would make little sense simply because you'd be talking about some very different players that you wouldn't necessarily put together in the same side or you wouldn't put in an AK side.

Will Fischer be missing for the first few games? Forgot the Olympics is this summer and I would imagine he will be playing for Denmark?

We have qualified but unless he is included late on he has not been called up.