oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Is Falcao now a free agent? I think its unlikely that it would happen. However if it did he wont have the pressure he had at United and Chelsea and more than likely get more game time than he has had over the last couple of seasons. Van Gaal wasnt the best manager to have and Chelsea as has been pointed out were in quite a bit of turmoil last season. It could be a good deal for both parties. Although as I have said its a very unlikely scenario.

So next season Falcao Llorente Rhodes Praet Zayech and Fischer are our forward players. I would hope for a top 15 finish with that ;)

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure Monaco want rid. But only because his wages are huge. I can't see coming to us would reduce his wages to them hugely. He looks a prime target for the Chinese .

The way he's played since his injury it's a huge huge risk for anyone to take him

He's been on loan the previous two seasons and Chelsea only paid half of his wages apparently. £7m for a season. I would say that's possible.

Imagine being linked with Falcao 3 years ago now. Crazy. I think he can do well, just needs to rediscover his confidence which is one of the most important things for a striker. Wouldn't want him as our only striker signing though, too much of a risk.

He's been on loan the previous two seasons and Chelsea only paid half of his wages apparently. £7m for a season. I would say that's possible.

Well if he's on 265 then I think half is way out of our reach

He's been on loan the previous two seasons and Chelsea only paid half of his wages apparently.  £7m for a season.  I would say that's possible.

Half is about £7m like I just said.

He's been on loan the previous two seasons and Chelsea only paid half of his wages apparently.  £7m for a season.  I would say that's possible.

So you think we would pay 132k a week in wages

In with CT on this one. £7m for the year is like a transfer fee and getting a player playing for free. For a player of Falcao's pedigree - regardless of the last two seasons - I think it'd be do-able.

Imagine being linked with Falcao 3 years ago now. Crazy. I think he can do well, just needs to rediscover his confidence which is one of the most important things for a striker. Wouldn't want him as our only striker signing though, too much of a risk.

I don't think it's just about confidence. He did his cruciate and has never been the same since.

It's a funny injury and not everyone fully recovers from it - it seems to effect some cf's quite badly

So you think we would pay 132k a week in wages

I think we would and could.  It's not like you're committing to it for four years.  It's a one off and we could afford to do it.

In with CT on this one. £7m for the year is like a transfer fee and getting a player playing for free. For a player of Falcao's pedigree - regardless of the last two seasons - I think it'd be do-able.

Got to disagree. 7mill of wages including a fee is ok if we have a player to sell at the end of it. But 7mill and at the end of the yr we have nothing seems a lot

I wouldn't touch him. He's just spent two years proving that he is in no way or shape the same player anymore and that injury has really messed him up. I see nothing to suggest he will be worth a significant outlay.