• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Praet, ziyech and falcao are all 'out of the blue' though.

The only one he thinks is going to happen is the one the gazette said we called off.

I think when he says out of the blue what he means is literally no one will mention them until they've signed.

Obviously impossible nowadays but it's the only think I can think of.

First post... suppose everyone has to start somewhere. And long post.

Just my thoughts on Falcao, Skrtel etc... In the last few transfer windows, the Gazette has been very quick to dismiss stories and links to players who we had no interest in, always claiming they had been informed by 'club sources'. There has been a lot less of this recently - they even have the rumours article almost everyday now. I don't think anyone would disagree that the Gazette are often an informal mouthpiece of the club (something which I do not like at all but that's another issue), however I think that us being linked to players like this serves a purpose in our transfer strategy as a whole. Kenyon and Mendes have obviously been involved in the highest profile transfers with the highest profile clubs and misinformation is key when a number of clubs are interested in a player.

Whilst players like Falcao and Nani have immense quality, they don't fit the bill or profile of the type of player that we are supposedly searching for as mentioned in the interview with Gill and the article on scouting in the Gazette. Even Gibbo talked about not making the same mistakes in transfer policy and wage structure as we did last time - it would be strange for him to then bang millions on a guy who failed at his last two clubs and had a horrific injury, despite his previous record.

If being heavily linked to certain 'big name' players causes other clubs to stutter in their persuit of players we are mutually interested in, as they might believe we are not moving in yet, then it serves a purpose. Then again - we might actually be interested in all the 'big' names linked! But I would love to see the likes of Praet, Ziyech, Redmond and Mandi here - they fit the bill of players we would have been scouting for a few years and would probably have good resale value if they impress. Some people on FMTTM are genuinely suggesting signing Steven Taylor/David Wheater as a backup CBs's - that's how badly 7 years in the Championship has damaged some Boro fans. I think we're in for an exiting summer even if we don't get some of the names mentioned so far - plently more out there.

First post... suppose everyone has to start somewhere. And long post.

Just my thoughts on Falcao, Skrtel etc... In the last few transfer windows, the Gazette has been very quick to dismiss stories and links to players who we had no interest in, always claiming they had been informed by 'club sources'. There has been a lot less of this recently - they even have the rumours article almost everyday now. I don't think anyone would disagree that the Gazette are often an informal mouthpiece of the club (something which I do not like at all but that's another issue), however I think that us being linked to players like this serves a purpose in our transfer strategy as a whole. Kenyon and Mendes have obviously been involved in the highest profile transfers with the highest profile clubs and misinformation is key when a number of clubs are interested in a player.

Whilst players like Falcao and Nani have immense quality, they don't fit the bill or profile of the type of player that we are supposedly searching for as mentioned in the interview with Gill and the article on scouting in the Gazette. Even Gibbo talked about not making the same mistakes in transfer policy and wage structure as we did last time - it would be strange for him to then bang millions on a guy who failed at his last two clubs and had a horrific injury, despite his previous record.

If being heavily linked to certain 'big name' players causes other clubs to stutter in their persuit of players we are mutually interested in, as they might believe we are not moving in yet, then it serves a purpose. Then again - we might actually be interested in all the 'big' names linked! But I would love to see the likes of Praet, Ziyech, Redmond and Mandi here - they fit the bill of players we would have been scouting for a few years and would probably have good resale value if they impress. Some people on FMTTM are genuinely suggesting signing Steven Taylor/David Wheater as a backup CBs's - that's how badly 7 years in the Championship has damaged some Boro fans. I think we're in for an exiting summer even if we don't get some of the names mentioned so far - plently more out there.

You think that's a long post. Take a look at some of CTs posts :)

.and welcome by the way

Guys - can we stop all the jumping on anything NB says please. If you don't agree that's fine, but some of it is more than that.. Some of you are trying to wind NB up and that's not how this forum should be.

Ta!!

Guys - can we stop all the jumping on anything NB says please. If you don't agree that's fine, but some of it is more than that.. Some of you are trying to wind NB up and that's not how this forum should be.

Ta!!

Is this Maccarone? I've never seen that name before :D

Honestly Falcao is not a big deal. If he was still the same player as 3 yrs ago thend I would have laughed. But it hasn't worked out with moves to top half teams and obviously he isn't going to play for Monaco so why wouldn't he go to an ambitious team to prove a point in the premier league?

Ta!!

Please can you also tell Brunners to stop picking on me  :@  :(

I think sometimes I'm just too sensitive for this place  :angel:

Ta!!

Please can you also tell Brunners to stop picking on me  :@  :(

I think sometimes I'm just too sensitive for this place  :angel:

luv u bby

i like what the new guy was saying. we are rumoured to be after mandi it cools off, then we are close to bernado again. i think we are going to sign both and using each signing to try and speed up negotiations of each individual deal.

sort of like - us to reims 'well we were interested in mandi but we are not that keen now because we signed bernardo', 'but it you're quick to accept our offer we'll still do a deal but we have more deals for other player lined up so hurry up'.

sevilla look like they have used praet in a similar way, blatantly offering less than his club will accept it goes public a week later they have x2 other No10 signed.

hope praet signs looks very good, i can see the likes of him and fischer playing some pretty eye of the needle stuff to feet. kind of like higgy and barmy used to do.

WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored  May 30

Bernardo: Averaged more clearances per game (8.5) than any other player in La Liga this season

like CT said the other week and i noticed today from that live game. he s basically sportings version of ayala. absolute bargain buy this lad, hes going to be a hit.

Not sure wether it's serious but some lad on Twitter reckons were getting Demari Gray on loan for a season and has a photo with him.

Not sure wether it's serious but some lad on Twitter reckons were getting Demari Gray on loan for a season and has a photo with him.

theres also a random guy who says he's a free lance journalist saying we're going fro luca Perez....erm doubt it