oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Looks like a slow news / rumours days.

Question - with all the talk of Praet and Ziyech, would people still be happy if we re-signed Ramirez? (Assuming we only signed 1 of them).

I would much rather us sign Ramirez over Praet & Ziyech... We know Ramirez works in our formation/Style of play & plays the No10 role brilliantly, He was by far our best attacking player.

We aren't even interested in the other two lads, The Gazette confirmed that regarding Ziyech.. It's just two of many names thrown out there in the rumour mill with no substance...

Oh yer, For the people who thought it was possible, How's the Falcao signing coming along Lol.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hibbert has had his day. He has been at the top for a reason for so long, like Tom said. But there's a reason he's being let go too. Him and Osman have both been good PL players but they're both 35.

I don't think Falcao is especially far fetched for the reasons I gave the other day. His agent is Karanka's agent I believe? His agent has close ties with Kenyon. Financially we could manage it assuming we had an arrangement similar to the one Chelsea had. Monaco don't seem to want him and why would they when he is paid close to £300k per week. The Premier League is the most watched league in the world and thus provides the best shop window. Whether it makes any difference or not we are apparently about to sign another Colombian player as well.

From our point of view the deal makes less sense, certainly if you think his form of the last two years is what you're going to get. If however you believe you'll get something like the player he was before that then it's a different story. You also sign a high profile player and that could help commercially in raising the profile of the club. It also energises the existing fanbase if that's needed.

From his point of view, well I'd rather live in Monaco than Middlesbrough but if he still has ambition then arguably playing in the Premier League is better than France. I would think there would be a nice lucrative move to China available to him if he wants that. If Monaco don't really want him then moving somewhere is probably better than sticking around and I think his options are probably limited. Even with only a percentage of his wages being paid by the club that loans him it will still be a lot of money and there aren't that many that could afford to do it I would imagine. Most of those that could probably wouldn't want him and they may be spot on in leaving him well alone, who knows. Of course all of that relies on Monaco being willing to loan him out again.

I don't think Falcao is especially far fetched for the reasons I gave the other day.  His agent is Karanka's agent I believe?  His agent has close ties with Kenyon.  Financially we could manage it assuming we had an arrangement similar to the one Chelsea had.  Monaco don't seem to want him and why would they when he is paid close to £300k per week.  The Premier League is the most watched league in the world and thus provides the best shop window.  Whether it makes any difference or not we are apparently about to sign another Colombian player as well.

From our point of view the deal makes less sense, certainly if you think his form of the last two years is what you're going to get.  If however you believe you'll get something like the player he was before that then it's a different story.  You also sign a high profile player and that could help commercially in raising the profile of the club.  It also energises the existing fanbase if that's needed.  

From his point of view, well I'd rather live in Monaco than Middlesbrough but if he still has ambition then arguably playing in the Premier League is better than France.  I would think there would be a nice lucrative move to China available to him if he wants that.  If Monaco don't really want him then moving somewhere is probably better than sticking around and I think his options are probably limited.  Even with only a percentage of his wages being paid by the club that loans him it will still be a lot of money and there aren't that many that could afford to do it I would imagine.  Most of those that could probably wouldn't want him and they may be spot on in leaving him well alone, who knows.  Of course all of that relies on Monaco being willing to loan him out again.

Take your points but If I was him I would not be leaving sunny Monaco for sunny Middlesbrough in any kind of a hurry. I'd see out my contract unless a better option came along.

when will you all realise he absolutely loves all this attention, ignore him and he will stop

Re Falcao would anyone really want him? for his wages we could sign 2/3 good players, really doesnt seem like a Karanka style player. His goalscoring record the last few years at top clubs is awful, why would he do any better in a worse team

Offer Falcao 40k per full game 10k as unused sub and 30k as a used sub, plus the usual goal bonuses. If he wants to prove himself in the BPL then that's the deal. He probably needs to be a big fish in a small pond again to build his confidence

Look at our back five, and Clayton, Ramirez, adomah

Aitor has improved them massively, and that's why Id take a punt on Falcao, I think he could get him going again. Imo Rhodes also added more to his game aswell. Any player we sign has to be given a chance

I've watched that clip on the Gazette and you're right Dan, they don't deny our interest in Falcao. They just mention his wages, they did the same prior to Downing's homecoming. But they do deny any interest in Ziyech.