• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've watched that clip on the Gazette and you're right Dan, they don't deny our interest in Falcao. They just mention his wages, they did the same prior to Downing's homecoming. But they do deny any interest in Ziyech.

I was going to post exactly this earlier, it is exactly what Vickers said about Downing last summer. All he ever mentioned was that if it was going to happen Gibbo would have to do some magic.

i know espinoza has decided to leave sporting gijon,but find it strange that hes told everyone that hes going to play in premier league,but hasnt said who for? i personally think hes got a couple of options in the prem and hasnt made his mind up yet,but all boro fans are understandably assuming its us,well see :D

i know espinoza has decided to leave sporting gijon,but find it strange that hes told everyone that hes going to play in premier league,but hasnt said who for? i personally think hes got a couple of options in the prem and hasnt made his mind up yet,but all boro fans are understandably assuming its us,well see :D

I think we're assuming it's us because the gazette had an article yesterday saying that it'd progressed to 'advanced stages', although I could just be imagining that as I wasn't on here during the day yesterday.

It's been widely reported he'd already turned down the other options. His only choices were us & Gijon I believe.

Away from the Boro, hearing that Neymar could agree a move to PSG for next summer by them paying his £153m release clause. Incredible if true. Absolutely smashing the transfer record and the reports seem to say he would agree to it so he could be the main man and help him win the Ballon D'or.

Away from the Boro, hearing that Neymar could agree a move to PSG for next summer by them paying his £153m release clause. Incredible if true. Absolutely smashing the transfer record and the reports seem to say he would agree to it so he could be the main man and help him win the Ballon D'or.

I think he'd struggle to win it playing in France unless PSG became the best team in Europe of course.

I think he'd struggle to win it playing in France unless PSG became the best team in Europe of course.

Perhaps but I think he's got to move from Barca to do it as well. He's in Messi's shadow at the moment. He's got a lot of belief in his own ability but he probably sees himself as being as good if not better than the players around him but nobody looks beyond Messi and Ronaldo right now.

If a club from the Premier League came in for him and also coughed up the money, I think he'd take that as it'd be better exposure. But if he was the one to make PSG a dominant European side by himself, it could do him just as good.

Perhaps but I think he's got to move from Barca to do it as well. He's in Messi's shadow at the moment. He's got a lot of belief in his own ability but he probably sees himself as being as good if not better than the players around him but nobody looks beyond Messi and Ronaldo right now.

If a club from the Premier League came in for him and also coughed up the money, I think he'd take that as it'd be better exposure. But if he was the one to make PSG a dominant European side by himself, it could do him just as good.

Suarez will win the Ballon D'or to prove it can be done.

For anyone watching the Wales v Slovakia game, everything's Squirtle has done so far sums up why I am so happy we [apparently] passed on him. Just a brute, nothing technical to his game at all.

For anyone watching the Wales v Slovakia game, everything's Squirtle has done so far sums up why I am so happy we [apparently] passed on him. Just a brute, nothing technical to his game at all.

I don't think it's fair to say there is nothing technical - anyone could play like a brute. Plus, that bullish attitude can be invaluable in a relegation scrap IMO. That penalty shout for Wales was disgraceful though...

I don't think it's fair to say there is nothing technical - anyone could play like a brute. Plus, that bullish attitude can be invaluable in a relegation scrap IMO. That penalty shout for Wales was disgraceful though...

Ok, obviously nothing technical at all was an exaggeration and he can actually kick a football. I'm referring more to his lack of reading of the game and positioning, instead using strength and aggression to partly make up for his mental shortcomings. Against better opposition, he gets found out.

Why is this brutish attitude a good thing? There is a big difference between confidently competitive and what Squirtle portrays. We play, under AK, a very technical style of defence. Every player has a distinct role and position to play. Squirtle charging into a player 'because that's a great thing and shows he cares' is just detrimental and opens up space elsewhere as everyone else has to cover. It's why Lovren couldn't play with him at Liverpool and it wouldn't have worked for us. In a relegation battle, I'd much prefer everyone to be organised and technically gifted. It goes without saying that they should put the effort in, that should not and is not the be all and end all of winning games.

One of the first things Klopp did at Liverpool was to replace Squirtle with a 35 ish year old Toure who actually could position himself.