oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Yea we wanted him and defour back in 08 then we were some how linked to witsel again in 2011. Someone else on fmttm said witsel was at one of our games When we were first linked so we must have been close to getting him then.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I have to say, although it wouldn't be the first time it's happened, I would be surprised if we could beat others to signing someone like Witsel. That and if his wages really are that high at Zenith, it might show why he's still there even though he's been known about for a while.

It's Witsel at Standard Liege?

EDIT: that's Defour, apologies

Defour's at Anderlecht. They were both at Standard early in their careers; back when the Belgian leagues were full of young talent oozing potential.

Detour didnt progress as much as people anticipated. I recall SAF personally sending him a letter after a serious injury but he didn't get back to the level people hoped. I imagine that's why he only went to Portugal and back to Belgium.

I wouldn't touch a player coming in from the Russian league. The wages are insane there. There's a reason many of the Russian players never go abroad.

Yeah I have to say, although it wouldn't be the first time it's happened, I would be surprised if we could beat others to signing someone like Witsel. That and if his wages really are that high at Zenith, it might show why he's still there even though he's been known about for a while.

Wasn't Orta there at the same time?

Sevilla enter the race for Ben Arfa... Would likely affect their interest in Praet

Sevilla are meant to be going back to Anderlecht with a better offer this week

If the Witsel thing is true it would have filtered through the Russian media and then British media, until we get a link to the specific article I'm calling it bs.

Sevilla enter the race for Ben Arfa... Would likely affect their interest in Praet

Are they just stocking up on AMs? Praet would be their 3rd?!

Are they just stocking up on AMs? Praet would be their 3rd?!

Perhaps Sampaio is looking at a narrower set of AMs. Ben Arfa could easily play on the left of a narrow set.