• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cameron Jerome signs new 3 year contract at Norwich brilliant news as we won't be getting him! Phew.

Best news of the day although my local Norwich supporting chums will be gutted as they also think he is crap!

Cameron Jerome signs new 3 year contract at Norwich brilliant news as we won't be getting him! Phew.

Best news of the day although my local Norwich supporting chums will be gutted as they also think he is crap!

3 year contract might have been a bit much unless they were expecting to be in the Championship for that long. He's a good enough player at that level, especially considering he's been in that side for quite a long time now. Just not sure he can step up in the Prem, he's had a few bites of that cherry and hasn't really impressed.

I don't honestly think we ever really had that much interest in him, if at all. Seems a strange one out of all the Championship strikers you could go for that you'd look at Jerome.

After seeing all these nobs howling at the thought of falcao having to play for us I really hope we get him now and he absolutely bangs them in, just to shut these Doyle's up.

After seeing all these nobs howling at the thought of falcao having to play for us I really hope we get him now and he absolutely bangs them in, just to shut these Doyle's up.

Really annoys me people saying "Feel sorry for him" or "How the mighty have fallen." Don't realise were actually a very attractive club for a lot of footballers, and joining us is not a sign of career failure.

Good point, as a PL club most players would jump at the chance to play in the PL, let's hope the right ones decide to join.

TB any news from you regarding transfer movement?

Really annoys me people saying "Feel sorry for him" or "How the mighty have fallen." Don't realise were actually a very attractive club for a lot of footballers, and joining us is not a sign of career failure.

I'd say having played for Porto, Athletic Madrid, Monaco, Man Utd and Chelsea that a move to a team who've spent the last 7 years in the championship is almost the definition of 'how the might have fallen'

Bit of perspective though, go back a few years and just about every club in the world wanted him. He was in the top 3 players in Spain with Ronaldo and Messi, now he's being touted with a move to poverty stricken and unattractive Middlesbrough who scraped their way into the PL on the last day of the season having played Championship football for 7 successive seasons.

I love the Boro too but don't let your pride blind you he's gone from "world class" to "on his last legs" in a hilariously short time frame.

I'd say having played for Porto, Athletic Madrid, Monaco, Man Utd and Chelsea that a move to a team who've spent the last 7 years in the championship is almost the definition of 'how the might have fallen'

Pretty much the truth, TB. Can't say I'd be ***d as long as he did bang them in if he joined.

It's not one I'm very optimistic about coming off as I think given the move he made to Monaco he'd sooner retire in China. It's not one I'm particularly optimistic about should he end up here either, he's no longer the proven talent he was, he's got a lot to prove again, certainly in the PL.

Not saying he's definitely lost it as I think it is harsh to judge him too much on his time at United and certainly Chelsea. But that injury problem of his isn't going away in a hurry.