oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Surely anyone can start a thread about anything they want, isn't that the whole point of a forum?

Leave it be, personally I hate the transfer threads, but I recognise the poster's right to start one.

And I recognise your right ....although physically impossible .....to have a child brother billy

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard that we're going to have another crack at signing Jordan Rhodes.

Is that because they've just realised that he missed the dotted line when signing the contract?

• Like 1

Hmmm... I see that Will has changed it back to what he had originally.

Will prefers "Summer transfer thread 2016", rather than my "Transfer Rumour Mill, Summer 2016".

In my opinion, his title is wrong on a couple of counts:

1) It's not even summer yet and we haven't made any transfers!

2) Threads don't need "thread" in the title.

Over to you, Mr Will. :)

Furthermore, previous transfer threads have been thoroughly chaotic, causing members to try to clean things up by making "summaries" and the like. Perhaps we need to start differentiating at the outset between rumour and actual transfers.

The Gazette are quoting The Mirror and reporting that Ben Gibson is Everton's no. 1 transfer target this summer to replace John Stones, which is interesting because he was also linked with them in the last summer transfer window.

"The young centre half has also been watched by West Brom but Everton appear to be in pole position as they build for the future.

Gibson is highly rated and Boro know they will face a battle to keep him even if they go up to the Premier League this summer, especially as Everton looked last summer."

I've heard that we're going to have another crack at signing Jordan Rhodes.

Do you mean to say that the rumours are true about the real Jordan Rhodes having been kidnapped after original talks "broke down"?

I hear that he was thrown in the back of a truck, bound for a Chicken processing plant in Mubai. My guess is he's been nabbed by the Venkys.....and yes, apparently that is as painful as it sounds.

Hmmm... I see that Will has changed it back to what he had originally.

Will prefers "Summer transfer thread 2016", rather than my "Transfer Rumour Mill, Summer 2016".

In my opinion, his title is wrong on a couple of counts:

1) It's not even summer yet and we haven't made any transfers!

2) Threads don't need "thread" in the title.

Over to you, Mr Will. :)

Furthermore, previous transfer threads have been thoroughly chaotic, causing members to try to clean things up by making "summaries" and the like. Perhaps we need to start differentiating at the outset between rumour and actual transfers.

Changed it again, hope that appeases the powers that be.

Surely anyone can start a thread about anything they want, isn't that the whole point of a forum?

Leave it be, personally I hate the transfer threads, but I recognise the poster's right to start one.

And I recognise your right ....although physically impossible .....to have a child brother billy

But he can't have a baby, he hasn't got a womb!!

But he can't have a baby, he hasn't got a womb!!

Where's the foetus going to gestate? In a box?!