oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

What happens to transfers from within the EU if we leave?

Work permit laws will change and value of European players that have enough international caps will sky rocket

I doubt it'd change anything with permit laws as long as the players are from West Europe.

Whilst in the EU we're obliged to allow free movement, which permits discrimination against non-EU foreign players, but can the same rule be legally applied when we're no longer in the EU?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/11/brexit-europe-eu-decimate-premier-league-footballers-data

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Work permit laws will change and value of European players that have enough international caps will sky rocket

I doubt it'd change anything with permit laws as long as the players are from West Europe.

Whilst in the EU we're obliged to allow free movement, which permits discrimination against non-EU foreign players, but can the same rule be legally applied when we're no longer in the EU?

I guess you can make bi-lateral agreements with any country you want. That said the eu countries might not do that and instead create a common agreement that it's all or none.

What rule do you mean mate?

I guess you can make bi-lateral agreements with any country you want. That said the eu countries might not do that and instead create a common agreement that it's all or none.

bi-lateral agreements would be the answer. The UK can't afford to hold strict laws in terms of workforce. Ireland has many laws that encourage West Europeans to cross the ocean - that's why you have so many multinational companies based in Ireland; google, microsoft, EA - you name it. 

In terms of the political landscape, the only reason to go opt out of EU would be to get [more] free trade with the US in which case you wouldn't be tied down to strict EU standards (food, toxic waste, etc etc etc). 

All in all - it wouldn't change much (if anything) in football terms as we rarely see Eastern European footballers in the UK anyway. 

But im no expert

We go back to the old system of either:

1 - buying a Spanish or Portugese passport by finding a long lost great great great grandmother 3-times removed.

2 - appealing until a WP is granted.

There are two parts to this. The first is that there are requirements for anyone in any industry wanting to work in the UK from outside the EU (and EEA I think). The second is the rules that the FA use to decide who is and isn't worthy. This is important because if you don't have the support of whatever sports governing you are under then you can't get a work visa. I would guess that the FA will end up changing their rules if we leave the EU to make it easier for people to qualify for a work visa to work in the UK.

The FA make the rules up as they go along anyway to suit the club they deal with look at Paulista signing for ***nal as an 'exceptional talent'. Liverpool signing Friedel when he didnt fit criteria the same criteria which stopped him signing for Sunderland.

Emmanuel Adebayor Anyone?, He has not got a club is proven in this league i know hes lazy unless his contact is under threat but id only give him a one year rolling to solve this problem.

Adebayor is past his best and really not the type of player who would go down well with Karanka. He really wasn't very good for Palace. He's not been great since he left City, to be honest. His time with Spurs was very up and down.

Emmanuel Adebayor Anyone?, He has not got a club is proven in this league i know hes lazy unless his contact is under threat but id only give him a one year rolling to solve this problem.

No. No. No. No. Never in a million years.

No. No. No. No. Never in a million years.

Is that a firm no? Or can I count you as a maybe..