oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

CT & Will are the same person, that much is pretty clear.

I use my Will persona when I want to dumb things down.

A lot.

*** off! :D

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So do we think we are after so many bosmans to free up a big move(s) or are we doing a Burnley/West Bromwich?

Dunno but without wanting to be seen as negative (that ship has sailed anyway), I'm not that impressed with things so far.  I'm not disappointed to be clear, just not that impressed at the moment.

The transfer window has only just opened, give the club a chance for crying out loud.

Re: Typicalbrough

What do you think? I think we're making way for 2 or 3 big money signings.

Do me a favour KM and please give it a rest.  You are the first to start whining through the season as we saw this time around.  I said I was disappointed with what I've seen SO FAR.  So far we've been linked with players playing at a level below where we are now, coming off the back of serious injuries but also to a couple of apparently highly rated players in fairness.  At the moment neither of them look like coming here and it seems as if we're in for Ramirez, who had a big part to play in our promotion but has been hit and miss in the Premier League.  I want to see some real quality added and we haven't done so YET.  If/when we do that my opinion will change.

So do we think we are after so many bosmans to free up a big move(s) or are we doing a Burnley/West Bromwich?

Dunno but without wanting to be seen as negative (that ship has sailed anyway), I'm not that impressed with things so far.  I'm not disappointed to be clear, just not that impressed at the moment.

Kind of agree I think they are solid but not spectacular. Still early days though.

That said I have far more concerns about whether we can address our lack of goals and inability to cone from behind.

I'd agree with you TB, solid signings at good prices/frees so far. Add Mandi and Morrison to that and we'd have a good base to work with. Then hopefully a big money move for a striker and possibly a right winger and attacking midfielder to challenge Gaston.

The transfer window has only just opened, give the club a chance for crying out loud.

I think we will see bigger money spent on a LW or RW and a CF.

Then smaller amounts on RB, GK and CM.

I think we should get proven quality right through the middle, gk, cm, #10 and striker and at least 1 wide player but ideally we need 2.

Theres no room for misogyny here. Reign it in, sort it your ignorance or *** off.

I really hope that was some sort of bad attempt at humor  - seeing as I  been very tongue and cheek with it,  you need to be careful who you are calling ignorant and telling to ** off. I've been married 22 years mate and my wife is my princess - why don't you get off your high horse or ** off yourself!!!!!

Maybe a break mate? You had a long day??

Every day is a long day mate, even longer when you can't have a different opinion or have a daft joke.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion mate, it's what forums are about, just some are more easily offended or don't share maybe the same sense of humour as you.

As far as your opinion, I agree with you that downing and Adomah we're switched a LOT more than Will seemed to make out, used to boil my pith seeing Albert on the left when he's naturally right footed, then seeing stuey always cutting In and not running at players in the same way as AA does, but I do agree with Will that Adomah was much more a goal thereat and IMO would be more worthy of a place in the side.

Not sitting on the fence just giving mine ;)

Absolutely and if we were still Championship I would agree, I was disappointed at times with Downing but in my opinion Adomah had some shockers, my opinion was also based on another midfielder being brought in (someone elses post) and as much as I love Albert (I'm the same here with Dimi) I just don't think hes a Premiership player and was surprised how many people so easily forgot what Downing can do in the Premieship As you said its just an opinion. 

As for some people being offended easily then  1. Avoid the internet at all costs. 2 Being offended is actually a choice, we live in a country of free speech and free will - if you don't like what someone says, ignore it, you can't persecute that person, name call and threaten because you have chose to be offended - every man has a right to speak his mind and live his life how he sees fit, even if we all agree its probably the wrong way - this does not make someone his judge or moral dictator - very dangerous ground. I only said Will sounded like a woman - I have a lot of female friends who would admit they are exactly as I described them, in fact its part and parcel of the banter we have, just like they tell me about my male traits - hardly something to be offended by,  my suggestion is if you are that easily offended to re assess your life as it must be a bloody miserable one.

Do me a favour KM and please give it a rest.  You are the first to start whining through the season as we saw this time around.  I said I was disappointed with what I've seen SO FAR.  So far we've been linked with players playing at a level below where we are now, coming off the back of serious injuries but also to a couple of apparently highly rated players in fairness.  At the moment neither of them look like coming here and it seems as if we're in for Ramirez, who had a big part to play in our promotion but has been hit and miss in the Premier League.  I want to see some real quality added and we haven't done so YET.  If/when we do that my opinion will change.

I get what you mean when you say 'not impressed' but it gives the impression your having a go. I'm not rushing to the bookies either based on what we have signed so far, but they are 2 good but unspectacular bits of business.

You can't expect the club to bring in anyone too impressive this early on. I'm happy with Espinosa and Mandi (if that comes off) so far, and hopeful for Fischer's chances. Bigger signings are only going to come after the Euros and/or after the players start coming back from their holidays and suchlike. The fact that we're getting some solid business done before some international windows have even opened is a good sign IMO.

Bear in mind as well, those of us who are looking for players with PL experience that any transfer from another PL club is more likely to happen later in the window, after other clubs become more active and the odd player might suddenly become surplus to requirements. The club have already shown we won't be paying over the odds so I expect some potential shrewd signings further down the line.

Both Espinosa and Ramirez played in La Liga and the Premier League respectively before coming to us so I'm not sure what you mean by "playing at a level below where we are now". Espinosa had premier league offers this summer as well as interest from Leicester in January so we're not signing any old mug. And Ramirez as you say played a massive part last season and in my opinion we simply had to sign him because he worked in our system. He was the final piece of the jigsaw last season. We will definitely add "real quality" so I'm not worried in the slightest.

2 Being offended is actually a choice, we live in a country of free speech and free will - if you don't like what someone says, ignore it, you can't persecute that person, name call and threaten because you have chose to be offended

Aren't those two views diametrically opposed?

I've really got High hope for Fischer. Just going by his 2 international appearances since signing for us he seems to have found a new lease of life. Absolute massive talent a few years back and I have full faith AK will help him fill his potential. Think he is going to end up being a gem for us, or atleast that's what I'm hoping for!

2 Being offended is actually a choice, we live in a country of free speech and free will - if you don't like what someone says, ignore it, you can't persecute that person, name call and threaten because you have chose to be offended

Which two views?

Which two views?

Saying we have free speech then trying to censor people by saying they can't name call.

Both Espinosa and Ramirez played in La Liga and the Premier League respectively before coming to us so I'm not sure what you mean by "playing at a level below where we are now". Espinosa had premier league offers this summer as well as interest from Leicester in January so we're not signing any old mug. And Ramirez as you say played a massive part last season and in my opinion we simply had to sign him because he worked in our system. He was the final piece of the jigsaw last season. We will definitely add "real quality" so I'm not worried in the slightest.

I said some of the players we've been linked with have been playing at a level below where we are, not all of them. Espinosa is 26 and has played 40 games in La Liga, let's not make out like he's spent his entire career there.  I've been through this already about him, I've never seen the lad play but his career stats aren't that great and he has just come off the back of a bad injury I believe?

Of course you're not worried same as you weren't last summer because you get ridiculously over excited by any signing we make and then a few months into the season when it's not quite working you want us to sign more players.  

I hope we do sign real quality but we haven't yet so until we do I'll be unimpressed if we keep being linked with some of the players we've been linked with who are not real quality or are what I'd call gambles.  We need to make significant improvements to give ourselves a good chance of staying up.