oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Both Espinosa and Ramirez played in La Liga and the Premier League respectively before coming to us so I'm not sure what you mean by "playing at a level below where we are now". Espinosa had premier league offers this summer as well as interest from Leicester in January so we're not signing any old mug. And Ramirez as you say played a massive part last season and in my opinion we simply had to sign him because he worked in our system. He was the final piece of the jigsaw last season. We will definitely add "real quality" so I'm not worried in the slightest.

I said some of the players we've been linked with have been playing at a level below where we are, not all of them. Espinosa is 26 and has played 40 games in La Liga, let's not make out like he's spent his entire career there.  I've been through this already about him, I've never seen the lad play but his career stats aren't that great and he has just come off the back of a bad injury I believe?

Of course you're not worried same as you weren't last summer because you get ridiculously over excited by any signing we make and then a few months into the season when it's not quite working you want us to sign more players.  

I hope we do sign real quality but we haven't yet so until we do I'll be unimpressed if we keep being linked with some of the players we've been linked with who are not real quality or are what I'd call gambles.  We need to make significant improvements to give ourselves a good chance of staying up.

I know you have nothing to go on, but could you give an example of a couple of players you'd consider real quality and not gambles that we could realistically get? Genuine question. It just sounds as if you won't be satisfied until we get a proven PL goalscorer that would cost us £20 million or something.

For the record I think you're right, we've been linked with a lot of gambles and not deep quality, but I don't expect we will be able to pull anything too amazing out of the bag. We've only just been promoted after all. I'd be happy with squad signings like Espinosa, Mandi, Fischer, Morrison and Ramirez to start, then add in a couple of marquee signings with a bit more "quality" if we could.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably get lost in the absolute poison people are spouting this evening but has anyone heard of any outgoings? Nugent to me seems like he might be surplus to requirements but haven't seen anything vaguely reliable.

Probably get lost in the absolute poison people are spouting this evening but has anyone heard of any outgoings? Nugent to me seems like he might be surplus to requirements but haven't seen anything vaguely reliable.

Nothing new on outgoings mate as far as we know.

I've read we are listening to offers for Nugent - which personally I think is a shame as he as well as all our players deserve a crack at the prem, I felt he played a big part in our promotion. Also i think Reach has had some interest although nothing concrete - i use 'newsnow' to try to keep tabs on whats going on but I think the Euros are putting a stall on a lot of moves

The debate on here is taking a wrong a turn. Stick to the football and drop the poor language.

Not just the poor language - I can cope with language all day long -, maybe people should refrain from calling people things like ignorant and telling them to ** off? Especially people who claim to be top authors and are on IDMB and the like. After all they are happy to put themselves on a pedestal for all to see - yet after that self promotion believe they have some sort of superiority over other posters.

Jesus Christ, what the hell are you on about?

Sorry at what point was I even talking to you?

At no point in this thread have you been talking to me but you really are spouting some absolute rubbish. First of all, you've been giving just as good as you've been getting in terms of the language and the name calling. Secondly, what the hell are you going on about with authors and people on IMDB seeing themselves as superior? Who the hell are you talking about? That's come out of absolutely nowhere. I'm sure I'm not the only one sitting here like this right now:

What-Meme-13.jpg

The debate on here is taking a wrong a turn. Stick to the football and drop the poor language.

Not just the poor language - I can cope with language all day long -, maybe people should refrain from calling people things like ignorant and telling them to ** off? Especially people who claim to be top authors and are on IDMB and the like. After all they are happy to put themselves on a pedestal for all to see - yet after that self promotion believe they have some sort of superiority over other posters.

At no point in this thread have you been talking to me but you really are spouting some absolute rubbish. First of all, you've been giving just as good as you've been getting in terms of the language and the name calling. Secondly, what the hell are you going on about with authors and people on IMDB seeing themselves as superior? Who the hell are you talking about? That's come out of absolutely nowhere. I'm sure I'm not the only one sitting here like this right now:

What-Meme-13.jpg

That particular one was directed at Snowblind I believe.

Forshaw, Reach, Carayol and Nugent i think will be sold.

De Pena, Fry, Mejias and Ripley out on loan.

Husband will probably leave in some capacity as well.

Outside chance of Ayala if he doesn't sign a contract.

What-Meme-13.jpg

I guess you missed the thread where certain people declared where they are on IDMB and where they come on the 'most famous Teesiders' list? Possibly the same people who chose to be offended by my opinions ? I will normally at least give as much as i get - I was originally debating with WILL regarding whether Downing played on the right for us and made a daft tongue in cheek comment about him sounding like a woman and all of a sudden I have person after person chipping their oar in - not a problem to me but theres no need to get offensive, I have merely retorted in my own defense including saying it was a daft tongue in cheek remark with no offense intended.

Cheers TB! Can't help but think we may regret selling Reach (if we do). Just as much chance he could be a dud though.

Do you think De Pena might be given a chance in pre-season before his future is decided? I also hear Ripley is eager to fight for position, and if we're getting rid of him and Mejias presumably that'd mean bringing two keepers in?

Thre are a few people on here being overly sensitive at the moment. The sexist comments we're barely that. If anyone really was truly offended by the "acting like women" comment pm me and I'll try and come up with appropriate recourse. If not can we please move on and avoid confrontational post/retorts and try and stick to football. (Like big boys ;))

I guess you missed the thread where certain people declared where they are on IDMB and where they come on the 'most famous Teesiders' list? Possibly the same people who chose to be offended by my opinions?

Sure, I must have missed that thread. I also must have missed how being an actor and/or an author seemed to make those people think they were better or had more valuable opinions than you.

Though Bob Mortimer is more famous than the lot of you and has by far a more valuable opinion.

I know you have nothing to go on, but could you give an example of a couple of players you'd consider real quality and not gambles that we could realistically get? Genuine question. It just sounds as if you won't be satisfied until we get a proven PL goalscorer that would cost us £20 million or something.

For the record I think you're right, we've been linked with a lot of gambles and not deep quality, but I don't expect we will be able to pull anything too amazing out of the bag. We've only just been promoted after all. I'd be happy with squad signings like Espinosa, Mandi, Fischer, Morrison and Ramirez to start, then add in a couple of marquee signings with a bit more "quality" if we could.

It's a fair question and the answer is I don't know or rather I'll know it when I see it.  That's not a cop out it's just that I don't watch much football from outside the UK so have nothing to go on.  We were linked (however seriously) with Cameron Jerome and Ryan Bennett from Norwich I believe?  Are either of those better than we already have?  No.  Now, Ryan Bennett is the same age as Espinosa and has played more top flight games than him so if he isn't good enough then why is Espinosa?  

What I want is to see us being linked with and signing 5 or 6 players that are clearly better than we already have.  Not might be, not about the same, but actually better.  People keep talking about 'squad signings', Brunners the other day called Espinosa a depth signing.  Our squad players, our depth players, are already here, they are the first team players that should lose their place when we sign better players to replace them.  But that's only going to happen if we actually do it.

Seriously though, can you lot just sod off with all this bickering. Or can the mods not start moving this crap elsewhere/banning people because it's becoming a far to regular occurrence.