oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I guess you missed the thread where certain people declared where they are on IDMB and where they come on the 'most famous Teesiders' list? Possibly the same people who chose to be offended by my opinions?

Sure, I must have missed that thread. I also must have missed how being an actor and/or an author seemed to make those people think they were better or had more valuable opinions than you.

Though Bob Mortimer is more famous than the lot of you and has by far a more valuable opinion.

I'm not an actor or an author but I know I'm better than all of you.  I don't know if that helps or not?

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess you missed the thread where certain people declared where they are on IDMB and where they come on the 'most famous Teesiders' list? Possibly the same people who chose to be offended by my opinions?

Sure, I must have missed that thread. I also must have missed how being an actor and/or an author seemed to make those people think they were better or had more valuable opinions than you.

Though Bob Mortimer is more famous than the lot of you and has by far a more valuable opinion.

I think number 1 was the girl off Game of thrones - who is also a huge Boro fan. I am just a lowly 'average' person of no fame - otherwise i'd have owned that thread ;-)

I'm not an actor or an author but I know I'm better than all of you.  I don't know if that helps or not?

Absolutely - no arguments there

Not particularly as it's not new information. We all knew that's what you thought anyway, mate.

What I want is to see us being linked with and signing 5 or 6 players that are clearly better than we already have.  Not might be, not about the same, but actually better.  People keep talking about 'squad signings', Brunners the other day called Espinosa a depth signing.  Our squad players, our depth players, are already here, they are the first team players that should lose their place when we sign better players to replace them.  But that's only going to happen if we actually do it.

I think I agree in that I'd like to see us linked with some class players. I just don't know how realistic that is, and to be honest if we do get a worldie I think it'll come out of left field. I'm also not sure whether I agree that we should be replacing half of our first team with new players - better or not. Team chemistry would surely take a hit, and I think that can be just as important as technical quality for a team fighting for survival.

Thre are a few people on here being overly sensitive at the moment. The sexist comments we're barely that. If anyone really was truly offended by the "acting like women" comment pm me and I'll try and come up with appropriate recourse. If not can we please move on and avoid confrontational post/retorts and try and stick to football. (Like big boys ;))

Whoaaaaaa... Is that a dig at little people?

Do you think De Pena might be given a chance in pre-season before his future is decided? I also hear Ripley is eager to fight for position, and if we're getting rid of him and Mejias presumably that'd mean bringing two keepers in?

No idea on De Pena but nothing I've seen says he's a premier league player.

The same could be said of Ripley. He did alright out on loan but made some right howlers last season. For me a season in the Championship would do him the world of good.

I honestly can't see both Mejias and Ripley leaving but Mejias is someone who needs to play games.

I hope we bring in a keeper as I've doubts over all three keepers in the squad.

Dimi should be given the chance to fight for his shirt.

Cheers TB! Can't help but think we may regret selling Reach (if we do). Just as much chance he could be a dud though.

Can't make my mind up on Reach I think he's probably an upper championship player. That said I'm not convinced Downing did anything Reach wouldn't have dobe last season. I think he needs to settle into a position.

Yet more crap being spouted in this thread. Mods, can we draw a line here, please?

Look mate, maybe I'm tired and have allowed myself to get a touch wound up and certainly you've not really done anything except come in at the end of it. It just irks me that people who choose to proclaim how famous they are without it being brought up are then the ones who feel they have some divine right to name call me and tell me what I can and can't say and where I can take myself. I think bed is a good option for me now and if I have offended anyone then I do aplogise as I never come on here thinking 'who can I offend today'? - my dry humor doesn't always translate in the way i think it does and I sometimes  assume people on here have read the same posts I have. We are all on here as we love our club, we have different views which makes it fun - just sometimes it boils over. Great to see another signing today and I really think we have a few more good ones to come. UTB

• Like 1

My only worry is we get messed about by the more ambitious targets ***ing around waiting for offers from bigger teams. I get the feeling that happened a bit last summer.

We still have a lot of work to do I think.

Gk, lb, rw, lw, cm, #10 and striker.

I think I agree in that I'd like to see us linked with some class players. I just don't know how realistic that is, and to be honest if we do get a worldie I think it'll come out of left field. I'm also not sure whether I agree that we should be replacing half of our first team with new players - better or not. Team chemistry would surely take a hit, and I think that can be just as important as technical quality for a team fighting for survival.

I'm not talking about worldies as you put it because I don't think it takes a player of that quality to be better than what we already have but you could well be right in terms of something like that coming out of left field - I mean look at the Falcao link for example.

I don't get this argument about not signing players because of team spirit though.  How many players did we sign last season? Downing, Stuani, Fabbrini, de Pena, Nugent, Rhodes, Ramirez, Kalas. Kalas had been here the previous season but the other hadn't.  Players are signed every summer, they become part of the squad and part of the team spirit.  Team spirit alone won't keep us up, just ask the likes of Burnley.  We need better players and those players will replace the current lot, that's just how it is.

How many players did we sign last season? Downing, Stuani, Fabbrini, de Pena, Nugent, Rhodes, Ramirez, Kalas.

How dare you forget Kike Sola.  :@

and Julien De Sart   :idea:

And De Laet!!!