oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

How many players did we sign last season? Downing, Stuani, Fabbrini, de Pena, Nugent, Rhodes, Ramirez, Kalas.

How dare you forget Kike Sola.  :@

and Julien De Sart   :idea:

And De Laet!!!

And Agazzi

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many players did we sign last season? Downing, Stuani, Fabbrini, de Pena, Nugent, Rhodes, Ramirez, Kalas.

How dare you forget Kike Sola.  :@

and Julien De Sart   :idea:

And De Laet!!!

And Agazzi

So that's 12 players brought in last season and yet Dimi, Friend, Ayala*, Gibson, Leadbitter and Adomah played nearly every game and they were all here before AK.

*Signed on loan by Venus but bought by AK

I was focusing on players who'd had some kind of an impact on the team. De Laet I probably should have included but I'd also ignored Zuculini for not being here long enough. It was really about this idea that we had to be careful about signing players and ruining team spirit.

It was really about this idea that we had to be careful about signing players and ruining team spirit.

I think the thing with 'team spirit' is that we are trying to not sign a Mido or Boskic rather than being wary of signing anyone.

Now when you look at last season with Adomah, Tomlin, Downing and Karankagate you might have to question how effective we are at it.

I was focusing on players who'd had some kind of an impact on the team. De Laet I probably should have included but I'd also ignored Zuculini for not being here long enough. It was really about this idea that we had to be careful about signing players and ruining team spirit.

To be fair, I think you've convinced me there. We did not miss Tomlin, Vossen, Kike for the second half of the season, Reach... As long as we keep some semblance of the spine of the team there I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if we sign a couple of standout players.

I was focusing on players who'd had some kind of an impact on the team.  De Laet I probably should have included but I'd also ignored Zuculini for not being here long enough.  It was really about this idea that we had to be careful about signing players and ruining team spirit.

To be fair, I think you've convinced me there. We did not miss Tomlin, Vossen, Kike for the second half of the season, Reach... As long as we keep some semblance of the spine of the team there I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if we sign a couple of standout players.

I do understand what you're saying bud.  I just don't see how you can avoid making changes if you want to improve so maybe it's a balancing act between making enough changes to lift the team up to another level without making so many that lots of people are ***ed off. I think as long as everyone has a fair chance to earn their place in the side, whether that's new signings or the current players, then they can't really complain.  I can't see us changing everyone but I'd like to see about 5 players or maybe 6 brought in and I'd like all of those to be better than we currently have.

Sorry, there is one other thing to consider - we won't be able to bring people in on loan during the season outside of the transfer windows. So we need to get things right in the window, we won't be able to make changes as easily as we were able to in the Championship.

Probably get lost in the absolute poison people are spouting this evening but has anyone heard of any outgoings? Nugent to me seems like he might be surplus to requirements but haven't seen anything vaguely reliable.

Forshaw, Reach, Carayol and Nugent i think will be sold.

De Pena, Fry, Mejias and Ripley out on loan.

Husband will probably leave in some capacity as well.

Outside chance of Ayala if he doesn't sign a contract.

Cheers TB! Can't help but think we may regret selling Reach (if we do). Just as much chance he could be a dud though.

I very much suspect Reach will be staying - except for the possibility of going out on loan at some point. Not heard anything, just that we seem keen on keeping or bringing back players we've brought on from the academy that are good enough to be in and around the first team, and Reach fits that category, so I don't think we'll be letting him go permanently.

My goodness that was painful to read and clearly a few were content to keep the ball rolling to the angst of most other members, so I will respectfully request that the ethos of the thread returns and that silliness and tit for tat comments ceases. ( I can live in hope)

My goodness that was painful to read and clearly a few were content to keep the ball rolling to the angst of most other members, so I will respectfully request that the ethos of the thread returns and that silliness and tit for tat comments ceases. ( I can live in hope)

I wouldn't hold your breath..

There is a long way to go yet with this window and I am sure we will be linked with a host of names and hopefully some really good signings along the way.

I do not want Boro to be another Norwich/Burnley/Hull who spend their times flirting with both divisions so to me we have to get it right straight from the off and as others have pointed out we will not have the luxury of time as we are used to in order to achieve this.

We all have our favourites but sentimentality does not guarantee anything, this first season is so important to the club and we have to do our utmost (the club that is) that we get that second season.

On a personal note and observation we need to see the very best from the likes of Downing and Adomah next season at least 7 times out of ten and not what we witnessed last time round for us to do so and I hope that all players involved will have serious competition from within to ensure this happens