oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

The funny thing is I am all of those things in day to day life and work but when it comes to football, particularly Boro, it goes out of the window a bit and I'm as excitable and illogical as the next person. And I also didn't say that you were being negative :(

I never said you did bud. I think that sometimes being logical is seen as negative though.  That was my point, that the two things get confused, certainly where I'm concerned I feel they do.

Now I really must stop talking to myself.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The funny thing is I am all of those things in day to day life and work but when it comes to football, particularly Boro, it goes out of the window a bit and I'm as excitable and illogical as the next person. And I also didn't say that you were being negative :(

I never said you did bud. I think that sometimes being logical is seen as negative though.  That was my point, that the two things get confused, certainly where I'm concerned I feel they do.

You two are getting way too friendly these days. Pack it in! Go back to arguing please :)

For the record though I think our medical team recently won an award which is why people might think they're the best in the country.

Just thought I'd pipe up there :p

Now I read that and immediately questioned his post.  Firstly because I don't know whether we have signed two players of genuine class and secondly because I don't see how we have the best medical team in the country?

I know it's not the discussion you were having, but I think that comes from the fact that Boro's medical staff were awarded best in the Championship for this past season. That doesn't compare us to PL teams, but we definitely do have good medical staff.

Delighted to have signed two players of genuine class so far. The only worrying thing is their injury history but we do have the best medical team in the country so fingers crossed.

Not really looking much into all these transfer links and rumours as it's all just smokescreen. Most deals come out of the blue anyway recently.

Surprised you are still able to type after last night Dunnerzzz! Fantastic team spirit shown by your boys. Well Done

Cheers mate. It was an unreal day. Slept well last night :D

I was just joking mate, I meant why do you always think logically about the things like the 'we've been watching him for two years' statement.

Because I'm a logically minded person.  That's how my thought process works about most things.  I'm analytical.  So for example dunnerzz wrote earlier on this thread that we'd made two signings of genuine class but he was concerned about their injury record however we have the best medical team in the country or words to that effect.  

Now I read that and immediately questioned his post.  Firstly because I don't know whether we have signed two players of genuine class and secondly because I don't see how we have the best medical team in the country?  If I reply to his post and question it then I'll look negative and no doubt I'll once again have to justify my opinion.  But he can say something like that and nobody picks up on it and asks if that really is true and can he justify that opinion?  A lot of the time what people see as me being negative is really me just being analytical about things I think.  So a few days ago I ask why Bernardo Espinosa is a good signing and apparently I'm being 'negative' but really I'm not, I'm being analytical and looking at this career to date.  At no point did I say he was bad, I simply put forward the evidence and asked what about it made him a good signing as some had said he was. That should be a fair post to make about any player we sign or attempt to sign.

On this forum if you say something positive you never have to justify it even if it's clearly incorrect but if you say something perceived as not being positive, even if it isn't actually negative, you're expected to justify it all the time.  I find that strange but I'm quite happy to keep posting as I do because that's just who I am.  I do look logically at things and sometimes that means I question other people that don't. In the same way I suppose people question me for not looking at things less logically and more emotionally lets say.  I just wish people would stop calling me negative because I'm really not  :)

Yeah I get you. Think our medical team got an award so I can understand that as the best in the country because I'm unashamedly biased and blindly proud of my team. :D

RE class players comment, I just think they are more skilled players coming from (possibly) a stronger team. And should be better than our current bunch. Ask me in September.

I really want Chantome. I think he'd be a fantastic addition to the squad.

Can't say I know much about him, what type of midfielder is he?

He is the French type..

From what I know, which unfortunately isn't as extensive as I'd like it to be, he's a technically adept tough tacking CDM.

Graduate from PSG who was let go after the takeover. Apparbelty a lot of PSG fans were unhappy to see the back of him. Spent last season at Bordeaux where he's had a decent season.

Seems to be the kind of player who will martial in front of the back 4, win the ball and pass it off and then just keep it moving when we're in possession. Not afraid of a physical 'battle' either. Not the quickest but he reads the game well which more than makes up for it.

Do remember that he's a very good player but not a top player. What I kind of get is a non-diving slightly more physical but worse version of Busquettes. That sort of role.

Sounds a good description but I really hope we're also looking at more forward thinking midfielders aswell. I think we've lacked for ages now a midfielder who can make affect the game higher up the pitch. The last one we had was probably Rhys Williams when he played in cm in 09/10.

In our system, our attacking Midfielders should be the ones who are ultimately forward thinking. As long as we have players in that 2 in front of the back 4 protecting our defence and with the ability to get the ball to our 4 attackers, I'm not too worried right now how often they get forward to support them.

It's Friday night and therefore we all know what time it is, the 'number plate I've seen travelling north on the M1' spurious transfer link.

I think people might enjoy this one as it could be linked to a player that we are apparently highly interested in.

The number plate is J1 MSN and is on a blacked out Audi A5 SE Quattro.

The first name that came to my mind was James Morrison.

But then I really got thinking and I've come to the conclusion that it can be one of only three players and the key is in the MSN part...

So which one of Messi, Suarez, and Neymar are we going for then?

BTW FC Twente have had their relegation overturned and are allowed back into the Eredivisie.

Means there's a chance Ziyech might not move anywhere, let alone to us.