oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Didn't mean them in first choice order, CF. just the order in which they came to mind! Espinosa will certainly take time to find fitness, settle and find form, so I'd say Ayala and Gibson are a certainty for first choice.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zabaleta ready to leave Man City, he was one of my favourite players in the premier league at one point a couple of seasons ago but sadly I think he's well past his prime. Hopefully we can get Mandi sorted soon.

Whats people's ideal 6 if we were to say we had identified the positions we needed to strengthen ( GK, RB, DM, RW, No.10, ST )

I'd probably go

GK - Vorm

RB - Mandi

DM - W Hughes

RW - Ziyech

No.10 - Ramirez

ST - Aboubakar

Be interesting to see if any new names are thrown around we feel would fit the system.

Probably been mentioned but linked with Lee Cattermole? Would take him back in a heartbeat

Just a bit mentioned. ;) There are probably about 10 pages on the matter if you scroll back a little bit.

GK - Dimi / Mejias / Ripley

RB - Mandï / Nsue

CB - Ayala / Baptiste

CB - Espinosa / Gibson

LB - Friend / Husband

CM - Clayton / Forshaw

CM - Leadbitter / de Sart

AMR - Adomah / Stuani

AMC - Ramirez / Downing

AML - Fischer / Reach

ST - Rhodes / Nugent

That's with current players available, plus Gaston and Mandi. From that, I'd say a GK and AM would be priority, with Downing then competing with Fischer on the Left. Of course Fischer could also play number 10.

Espinosa won't be first choice CB. It's going to take some doing breaking the Ayala Gibson partnership up.

This is one of the things I was going over recently. Downing has and can play right as well as middle and left. If AK is going to still have his full backs virtually as wing backs then he could quite plausibly play Downing, Ramirez and fischer together. I really think downing is more suited to prem football and will be a better player for us this year, as much as I like Adomah and Dimi I believe Championship football is  their limit and they need at least a prem level player competing with them for the place as I also believe evry player who got us here should get their chance (bloody hard isn't it?) I'm pretty sure Forshaw and Reach will go and I certainly wouldn't blame Forshaw as he should be playing every week for a decent team. De sart I believe is one for the future and looking at that squad the Cattermole thing sort of makes sense - or should we say we need a prem level player in that position (I really don't think Sunderland will let him go anyway) I do think Stuani can do it in the prem but we need another striker and of course Messi stil hasn't decided on his future so I suppose we could stick him in there somewhere?  I'd like to see another AM and if Ramrez doesn't come (looks pretty much like he will now) I'd maybe want to see two - if we are playing the one striker then we really need more options behind the strikers as striker is one hole to fill but behind is three to fill.

Maybe, but I never trust an article that has no quotes from either the player or the club.

Erm... wasn't the original DM article about him coming back an article with no quotes from either the player or the club?

Maybe, but I never trust an article that has no quotes from either the player or the club.

Erm... wasn't the original DM article about him coming back an article with no quotes from either the player or the club?

Exactly!

Exactly!

Yeah - I can't believe how much discussion and argument it generated on here and twitter etc. It just seemed like standard newspaper rumor and page filler. It was bound to happen at some point in the summer and had actually already been mentioned on here since Gibbo talked about his transfer away and with Downing back, then the link to Morrison it was inevitable.

I posted yesterday morning just before it all kicked off - everyone was arguing about whether he was good enough... but no one responded when I asked if he would even want to come back here. Being positive and ambitious is fine but I think people need to simmer down a bit... we might not be as attractive as some people think we are. 

We don't actually have any idea what Gibbo's financial plan is, how much money is available and what the wage structure is - some of the names people are talking about are ridiculous. I'm not saying we won't pull one off but it will be on our terms.

GK - Dimi / Mejias / Ripley

RB - Mandï / Nsue

CB - Ayala / Baptiste

CB - Espinosa / Gibson

LB - Friend / Husband

CM - Clayton / Forshaw

CM - Leadbitter / de Sart

AMR - Adomah / Stuani

AMC - Ramirez / Downing

AML - Fischer / Reach

ST - Rhodes / Nugent

That's with current players available, plus Gaston and Mandi. From that, I'd say a GK and AM would be priority, with Downing then competing with Fischer on the Left. Of course Fischer could also play number 10.

Espinosa won't be first choice CB. It's going to take some doing breaking the Ayala Gibson partnership up.

This is one of the things I was going over recently. Downing has and can play right as well as middle and left. If AK is going to still have his full backs virtually as wing backs then he could quite plausibly play Downing, Ramirez and fischer together. I really think downing is more suited to prem football and will be a better player for us this year, as much as I like Adomah and Dimi I believe Championship football is  their limit and they need at least a prem level player competing with them for the place as I also believe evry player who got us here should get their chance (bloody hard isn't it?) I'm pretty sure Forshaw and Reach will go and I certainly wouldn't blame Forshaw as he should be playing every week for a decent team. De sart I believe is one for the future and looking at that squad the Cattermole thing sort of makes sense - or should we say we need a prem level player in that position (I really don't think Sunderland will let him go anyway) I do think Stuani can do it in the prem but we need another striker and of course Messi stil hasn't decided on his future so I suppose we could stick him in there somewhere?  I'd like to see another AM and if Ramrez doesn't come (looks pretty much like he will now) I'd maybe want to see two - if we are playing the one striker then we really need more options behind the strikers as striker is one hole to fill but behind is three to fill.

I doubt Forshaw will want to leave, a year and a half ago he was playing for Wigan but now he has a chance to earn a place in a Premier League team.