oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

PCPPB -I doubt Downing would start on the right, but in Karanka's system the three behind the striker interchange constantly, so he'll certainly operate from the right at times when he plays.

Flexibility is key for the three behind for me. Fischer can play LW, AM, ST. Downing can play LW, AM and cut in from the RW. Gaston (if he comes) is an AM who's happy to float out to LW. Even Reach can float in to the Number 10 role. Anyone who comes in to compete for those roles will be a flexible, across the line player.

I totally agree, maybe I worded it wrong but that's more or less what I meant with our full backs been more wing backs and an interchangeable three behind. But yes agreed.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ramirez has an agreement with us probably verbal and written? provided he gets a work permit granted.

A written agreement would be a contract. It will be verbal if anything. He's free to consider his options until he actually signs on the dotted line.

When the squad is laid out like that  shows we aren't strong enough yet. Need more reinforcements.

True, looking at it as it is we would struggle to make the top 2 in the championship. In my opinion we need at least 4 players better than the players we already have. Lets face it, we didn't walk the championship with these players we just to say scraped through. Some on here are saying we need to come down to earth a bit because the players mentioned are to good for us. I say we have to aim high, ridiculous or not, you don't get unless you try.

Your spot on, its not about being deluded we know its a hard league, but the only way you do well is by bringing in quality to strengthen the squad and compliment the good players you already have.

West Ham proved with the signing of Payet, Leicester Vardy & Mahrez that there's good players out there waiting to be snapped up not all can sign for the top PL clubs.

When the squad is laid out like that  shows we aren't strong enough yet. Need more reinforcements.

True, looking at it as it is we would struggle to make the top 2 in the championship. In my opinion we need at least 4 players better than the players we already have. Lets face it, we didn't walk the championship with these players we just to say scraped through. Some on here are saying we need to come down to earth a bit because the players mentioned are to good for us. I say we have to aim high, ridiculous or not, you don't get unless you try.

What an absolutely ridiculous comment. We've just made the top 2 in the championship with the same squad and if you factor out Karankagate and a few games where we should've won (Rotherham, etc) we would've been up at a canter.

I think what a lot do fail to mention is the head coach has played football at the highest level and also been assistant at one of the biggest clubs in the world, he knows the quality of player it takes to play in the top league's, Karanka has a decent transfer budget and probably a lot more contacts in Europe than most PL managers, I think we'll be shocked at the quality of player s he'll bring in, Karanka and Gibbo aren't stupid they'll be playing their cards very close to their chest, the players we are after won't even have been mentioned yet..

^^^This.

What an absolutely ridiculous comment. We've just made the top 2 in the championship with the same squad and if you factor out Karankagate and a few games where we should've won (Rotherham, etc) we would've been up at a canter.

What do you mean games we should have won, Hull and Brighton could say the same, if they had won games they should have won they would have gone up automatic and not us, we didn't and they didn't either. Look at your own comment 1st before slagging others it doesn't hold water.

True, looking at it as it is we would struggle to make the top 2 in the championship. 

What? 

That squad did make the top 2 in the championship

What do you mean games we should have won, Hull and Brighton could say the same, if they had won games they should have won they would have gone up automatic and not us, we didn't and they didn't either. Look at your own comment 1st before slagging others it doesn't hold water.

Completely holds water. Burnley were outplayed and out classed for many a match, particularly towards the end of the season. I watched quite a few of their matches and was staggered by the number of shots hitting the post and towards goal but credit to them, they ground out the wins. With Boro, we had the opposite issue of pounding teams but not hitting the back of the net. Regardless of whether you agree with me or not...we came in the top 2 with this team and that's a fact which can't be argued with.

True, looking at it as it is we would struggle to make the top 2 in the championship. 

What? 

That squad did make the top 2 in the championship

Yes we went up on merit 46 games the league don't lie.

Not sure this is an either or situation.

Riochs Braves is right in saying the league table doesn't lie - we were the second best team in the championship.

At the same time you could argue having to get a result on the last day of the season and getting promoted by a goal is struggling to make the top 2.

You certainly couldn't argue we coasted to promotion.

Well we didn't coast to promotion but we did deserve it. I think people need to consider that we finished behind Burnley and I bet most people on here would have them as favourites to go down so that should tell us all where we stand at this moment in time. Where we'll stand at the end of August we'll have to wait and see. But right now our squad is one of the three worst in the Premier League.

Completely holds water. Burnley were outplayed and out classed for many a match, particularly towards the end of the season. I watched quite a few of their matches and was staggered by the number of shots hitting the post and towards goal but credit to them, they ground out the wins. With Boro, we had the opposite issue of pounding teams but not hitting the back of the net. Regardless of whether you agree with me or not...we came in the top 2 with this team and that's a fact which can't be argued with.

We went up on merit top 2, but to say if we won games we should've won we'd have coasted it doesn't hold water, we didn't win them and that's the fact,QPR could say they were unlucky not to win at the Riverside and had a good goal disallowed at Loftus road, Burnley can say they had a good goal disallowed at Brighton, we had  goals that should have stood at Leeds & Birmingham.

Its like saying if Spurs had won a few more games they'd be champions instead of Leicester so no it doesn't hold water.

We went up top 2 on merit we weren't good enough to win the league in a canter and that's not opinion.

Well we didn't coast to promotion but we did deserve it. I think people need to consider that we finished behind Burnley and I bet most people on here would have them as favourites to go down so that should tell us all where we stand at this moment in time. Where we'll stand at the end of August we'll have to wait and see. But right now our squad is one of the three worst in the Premier League.

I've been thinking subjectively over the past couple of seasons that the top 6 in the championship are better than the bottom 3 and possibly even the bottom 5. As things stand, I believe Boro will better Burnley, Sunderland and possibly WBA.

Completely agree.

If we were still in the championship with this squad there would still be improvement needed to get promotion, our options out wide aren't enough, options at #10 are none existant (downing is not a number 10 so don't even go there) and we have only 2 strikers and 1 rb.

Wether people like to admit it or not we have a lot of improving to do to get our squad up to premiership quality.