• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AK remains unconvinced Rhodes can lead the line in the PL offered to 'Rich clubs' in the championship according to the Sunday People

Great piece of random news generation from the guys at the mirror there. That said if someone with money to throw around (thinking the Geordies myself) who offered us £10million. Do we take it?

On balance I think I would, if we had someone else lined up.

AK remains unconvinced Rhodes can lead the line in the PL offered to 'Rich clubs' in the championship according to the Sunday People

Great piece of random news generation from the guys at the mirror there. That said if someone with money to throw around (thinking the Geordies myself) who offered us £10million. Do we take it?

Who's to say that Rhodes cant make the step up. Same could be said for half of our team. I personally think he deserves a chance and think with the right service will score goals.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/06/19/576654f3ca4741bf568b45a8.html

Slightly off topic but a good interview in marca with Karanka.

I think the bit in that interview about always being honest about what he believes is right for the team could go a long way to explaining most of the fallouts. I don't think a lot of players are used to this, they're used to getting smoke blown up their *** by other managers.

I think we would be prepared to take a slight loss on him, scored some important goals but hasnt had anywhere near the impact expected. Would rather us cut out losses and get a striker who actually fits the system we play

Can see Villa/Newcastle or Sheff Wed willing to take him

Let's not forget we have 3 games to assess his impact in the Premier League before the window closes, after the money we have spent I cant see us being desperate to get rid, if a bid or two is submitted at some point during July or August surely we could leave it on the table for a week or two to see how he progesses before making a decision could we not? I mean we obviously wouldnt consider it catastrophic if we were stuck with him when the window closes and as discussed we seem to be making a lot of shrewd signings thus far, leaving us ample amount for a top quality striker without needing to recuperate funds from Jordan beforehand.

How does Rhodes not fit the system we play?

No chance he's leaving. Whether he was a Karanka signing or not, I'd say out of the options we went through last year, he fit the system the best. He missed some guilt-edge chances, no doubt about it, he'll be disappointed with the chances that he didn't put away. But by all means, he put himself about, made intelligent runs, got himself into the positions that strikers need to. If you just watch him for a segment of a game as I did at QPR, you'll see he doesn't drift out wide or drop too deep very often just to bring himself into play with the ball. Even when he's starved of the ball, he usually makes sure he picks up a position between the centre-backs to give them something to think about.

He's not a perfect player but the 2 things I'd say aren't his strengths based only on the whole of the 2nd half of this season are he's not a quick player and he's not the strongest of players (though stronger than I thought he would be).

For us to judge his finishing on the 2nd half of our season alone would be getting too far ahead of ourselves, he's scored goals for fun for years in the Football League. He still scored important goals for us which got us promotion and the money we invested in him was not only to get us promotion. He's still got a part to play, he's going to have to fight for his position as much as anyone but for us to get shot of him now would be disappointing.

Rhodes and Ramirez pretty much secured our promotion, and Rhodes exceeded most of my expectations of him especially his ability to fit into our system. He is a better all round player than most people give him credit for and was marvellous in our game against Burnley - a complete performance from him in a game of few chances.

I would like to see him lead our line in the Premier League but we still need at least another striker, maybe one with pace who can stretch teams and create space for our attacking players.

Rhodes and Ramirez pretty much secured our promotion, and Rhodes exceeded most of my expectations of him especially his ability to fit into our system. He is a better all round player than most people give him credit for and was marvellous in our game against Burnley - a complete performance from him in a game of few chances.

I would like to see him lead our line in the Premier League but we still need at least another striker, maybe one with pace who can stretch teams and create space for our attacking players.

Burnley for me was also by far his best game in a boro shirt, he was incredible that match.

Agree, although happy with our signings I would love us to address the lack of pace we have in the side. Even if it was a promising youngster to throw on as a plan B. The trouble we have at the moment is we have pretty much the same style players. If Rhodes aint working Nugent coming on doesn't really change how we play, same if we were to throw Downing on for Ramirez. Would love something a little bit different.

Agree, although happy with our signings I would love us to address the lack of pace we have in the side. Even if it was a promising youngster to throw on as a plan B. The trouble we have at the moment is we have pretty much the same style players. If Rhodes aint working Nugent coming on doesn't really change how we play, same if we were to throw Downing on for Ramirez. Would love something a little bit different.

Bringing Downing on for Ramirez would certainly change how we would play, we would play a lot worse  

:angel: