• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rhodes and Ramirez pretty much secured our promotion, and Rhodes exceeded most of my expectations of him especially his ability to fit into our system. He is a better all round player than most people give him credit for and was marvellous in our game against Burnley - a complete performance from him in a game of few chances.

I would like to see him lead our line in the Premier League but we still need at least another striker, maybe one with pace who can stretch teams and create space for our attacking players.

Agree, although happy with our signings I would love us to address the lack of pace we have in the side. Even if it was a promising youngster to throw on as a plan B. The trouble we have at the moment is we have pretty much the same style players. If Rhodes aint working Nugent coming on doesn't really change how we play, same if we were to throw Downing on for Ramirez. Would love something a little bit different.

Fischer is completely different to Rhodes and Nugent. So there you go.

Rhodes and Ramirez pretty much secured our promotion, and Rhodes exceeded most of my expectations of him especially his ability to fit into our system. He is a better all round player than most people give him credit for and was marvellous in our game against Burnley - a complete performance from him in a game of few chances.

I would like to see him lead our line in the Premier League but we still need at least another striker, maybe one with pace who can stretch teams and create space for our attacking players.

Agree, although happy with our signings I would love us to address the lack of pace we have in the side. Even if it was a promising youngster to throw on as a plan B. The trouble we have at the moment is we have pretty much the same style players. If Rhodes aint working Nugent coming on doesn't really change how we play, same if we were to throw Downing on for Ramirez. Would love something a little bit different.

It might not change the formation bringing on those players but it definitely changes how we play. Not remotely the same type of players.

Downing is slow but is probably a better passer of the ball. Gaston can really run at people and has got skill to beat a player which Stewey doesn't.

Rhodes isn't quick and he's not as able to defend from the front the way Nugent is. But he's arguably a more intelligent forward than Nugent and I'd say a better finisher.

Rhodes is a natural goal scorer which we've been craving for since we got relegated, Rhodes himself said when he joined us he was abit in awe of other players at the club plus he was learning to play in a different system than what he's been used too!

Give him a full pre season and I honestly think he can get goals in the premier league

I think we need to be aware that we *may* go back down again - I obviously hope we don't and actually don't think we will, but it's not ludicrous to consider it. If we did then we know we have an excellent championship striker on the books - selling him now would be counterproductive in my mind.

Anyone think we might go back in for Ross McCormack?

By the time the season gets going he will be 30 and did he not sign that new contract in the end?

I know our inferior black and white neighbours are apparently very interested in him, I wouldnt be surprised to see him end up there.

Im in the why sell Rhodes camp. I'm a big fan of his and he deserves a chance. . By all mean bring another striker in for competition but why sell him.... He and ramirez were instrumental in our push for promotion and I think he will score goals in the prem.

No! Why does that name keep cropping up??

If we are being linked with players like Ziyech, Praet, Fischer, Falcao, why the *** would we spend 12/13 million on Ross McCormack???

Nope. It was either him or Rhodes back then and that won't change. He'd cost way too much for his age, then he might not hit it off.

At least when you look at someone like Llorente, he's done well in top flight football before, certainly has the experience of that kind of division and the stumbling block would be in wages. I have no doubt the same would happen with McCormack.

McCormack's agent would have a field day if we went in for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he put a story regarding us in the papers to get him an even better deal than the one he signed a few months ago.

With regards to Rhodes. He improved game on game with us. He's clearly a clever player and can learn how to play a different role. Karanka clearly as we know a better coach than WGS or the Blsckburn managers.

I suspect Rhodes will be 1 of 3 forwards next season. I expect to see us bring in a really pacey front man to complement what we already have.

Nope. It was either him or Rhodes back then and that won't change. He'd cost way too much for his age, then he might not hit it off.

At least when you look at someone like Llorente, he's done well in top flight football before, certainly has the experience of that kind of division and the stumbling block would be in wages. I have no doubt the same would happen with McCormack.

McCormack's agent would have a field day if we went in for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he put a story regarding us in the papers to get him an even better deal than the one he signed a few months ago.

Now that last paragraph wouldn't surprise me. He signs a new contract every window.

Now that last paragraph wouldn't surprise me. He signs a new contract every window.

Always admired his agent to be fair :D

I can't believe people would actually sell Rhodes before he's even had the chance to kick a ball in the PL.

I agree, Rhodes can do a similar job that Denney's doing at Watford and Rhodes has a better goal scoring record, Watford have just turned down £25 mill for a player I didn't think would be good enough.

Give Rhodes a chance everyone who talks about him say he's a great finisher, and he's record bearing in mind he's played for mediocre clubs doesn't suggest any differently.