oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I don't think AK is too impressed with Rhodes, I questioned whether Rhodes would be at the club this season and was shot down as if I was some sort of heretic.  I'm glad the voice of reason shares similar views, maybe I'm not a lunatic after all.

You are a lunatic ;)

I did remember this debate though, and you were indeed chastised for your views. But you were also stoking the flames saying that Rhodes wasn't pulling his weight in training and this led to the infamous revolt, a rumour that I haven't heard confirmed by anyone other than your good self Billy.

I do agree with both you and CT, that Rhodes might not have been a Karanka signing. Although if this was truly the case, I doubt Rhodes would have started all our games towards the end of last season (except the Brighton game). If Karanka didn't rate him, and let's face it probably knew he might have been out of a job if we didn't get promoted, why wouldn't he started Nugent in all them games?

I was told by someone near the club, lets say that Rhodes was a bit pre - madonna-ish in training, missing shots and having complete hissy fits etcI also heard that his attitude and obviously compounded by his large fee etc contributed to a player divide which led to the infamous AK gate and as I didn't hear it from Billy  he isn't the only one who heard this.

I think Rhodes was signed to pacify Karanka as they didn't get McCormack as promised (only pure speculation n my part) I certainly don't think he was suited to the lone striker - although at times he was making the right runs just no one played the right ball, we seemed to be focused on getting it to the flanks when a simple straight through ball would have put it him in. In saying that,  he didn't really impress me that much I think he needs to be in a 2 striker pairing - whether hes a prem player is another matter but one which isn't exclusive to him . I think every player that got u to the prem deserves his hot at it but do have my doubts on how many will actually cut it

When you say someone near the club, do you mean they were just standing out the riverside when they said it, i find this incredibly hard to believe. 

After the bolton game AK stressed the difference this moment would make to Jordan as he lacks self belief and confidence, isnt a big strong character around the dressing room but has came with the right attitude, couple that with comments from previous managers such as Bowyer and Lambert stating he is a top professional, and the general vibe you get from him during interviews, personally I think he'd be scared if he farted during a team talk.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think AK is too impressed with Rhodes, I questioned whether Rhodes would be at the club this season and was shot down as if I was some sort of heretic.  I'm glad the voice of reason shares similar views, maybe I'm not a lunatic after all.

You are a lunatic ;)

I did remember this debate though, and you were indeed chastised for your views. But you were also stoking the flames saying that Rhodes wasn't pulling his weight in training and this led to the infamous revolt, a rumour that I haven't heard confirmed by anyone other than your good self Billy.

I do agree with both you and CT, that Rhodes might not have been a Karanka signing. Although if this was truly the case, I doubt Rhodes would have started all our games towards the end of last season (except the Brighton game). If Karanka didn't rate him, and let's face it probably knew he might have been out of a job if we didn't get promoted, why wouldn't he started Nugent in all them games?

I was told by someone near the club, lets say that Rhodes was a bit pre - madonna-ish in training, missing shots and having complete hissy fits etcI also heard that his attitude and obviously compounded by his large fee etc contributed to a player divide which led to the infamous AK gate and as I didn't hear it from Billy  he isn't the only one who heard this.

I think Rhodes was signed to pacify Karanka as they didn't get McCormack as promised (only pure speculation n my part) I certainly don't think he was suited to the lone striker - although at times he was making the right runs just no one played the right ball, we seemed to be focused on getting it to the flanks when a simple straight through ball would have put it him in. In saying that,  he didn't really impress me that much I think he needs to be in a 2 striker pairing - whether hes a prem player is another matter but one which isn't exclusive to him . I think every player that got u to the prem deserves his hot at it but do have my doubts on how many will actually cut it

When you say someone near the club, do you mean they were just standing out the riverside when they said it, i find this incredibly hard to believe. 

After the bolton game AK stressed the difference this moment would make to Jordan as he lacks self belief and confidence, isnt a big strong character around the dressing room but has came with the right attitude, couple that with comments from previous managers such as Bowyer and Lambert stating he is a top professional, and the general vibe you get from him during interviews, personally I think he'd be scared if he farted during a team talk.

I guess I'm like a lot of people. You get certain info from various places. I don't really like to name names as it was said in private. But I've got info from people here and there - I've tattooed a few players, a couple in under 19s bracket, my friends brother in law works in quite an important role in the club's finance area but I don't see him so often these days. Years ago before he emigrated my son got loads of info as he used to sell most of the team their tailored suits and had all their phone numbers, believe it or not if they trust you players are quite happy to talk as they know you aren't some daft *** who will go mouthing off on pubs and on Internet forums. But if you find it difficult to believe I have no problem with that, I'm that busy at work I dont get very much info lately so it's not like I keep posting itk comments which then are proved right so fair play if you doubt me.

You are a lunatic ;)

I guess I'm like a lot of people. You get certain info from various places. I don't really like to name names as it was said in private. But I've got info from people here and there - I've tattooed a few players, a couple in under 19s bracket, my friends brother in law works in quite an important role in the club's finance area but I don't see him so often these days. Years ago before he emigrated my son got loads of info as he used to sell most of the team their tailored suits and had all their phone numbers, believe it or not if they trust you players are quite happy to talk as they know you aren't some daft *** who will go mouthing off on pubs and on Internet forums. But if you find it difficult to believe I have no problem with that, I'm that busy at work I dont get very much info lately so it's not like I keep posting itk comments which then are proved right so fair play if you doubt me.

I'd go as far to say probably only Jordan Rhodes out of our whole regular playing squad I'd struggle to believe that about to be honest dude, I dont doubt your sources or that you are making stuff up, whether other people just like talking **** or not I cant vouch for however.

This is an article that basically summarises most the points raised by AK that I was trying to quote.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/505036/Middlesbrough-Aitor-Karanka-Jordan-Rhodes-weaknesses

That's not why you were shot down and you know it.

It sounds like you're trying to shoot him down again, you bully :)

The revisionist history that goes on around here is BS at times. Winds me right up.

Sorry, better stop before RandySandwich accuses me of something again.

Nah! theres only the three of you on his case at the moment - tell you what when your other two girlfriends chip in I'll do a 'roll eyes' smiley or something - will that appease you?

:rolleyes:

That's not why you were shot down and you know it.

It sounds like you're trying to shoot him down again, you bully :)

The revisionist history that goes on around here is BS at times. Winds me right up.

Sorry, better stop before RandySandwich accuses me of something again.

Nah! theres only the three of you on his case at the moment - tell you what when your other two girlfriends chip in I'll do a 'roll eyes' smiley or something - will that appease you?

:rolleyes:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I wonder if tomorrow will give us any more updates on Mandi. Really hope we get that all sorted soon!

Well brought back to topic mate. I'd give you a +1 but can't be ***d :)

I wonder if tomorrow will give us any more updates on Mandi. Really hope we get that all sorted soon!

Seems to be dragging on a bit assuming we were in for him when his name first came up?

One article about De Roon suggests he's only been in Italy for a year. I wonder if he has been on our radar for longer having come from the Dutch league - we've clearly been scouting the Dutch league extensively.

I guess it shows we are definitely after a defensive midfielder too as hes another one we're linked with.

Seems to be dragging on a bit assuming we were in for him when his name first came up?

No news is good news ala Ramirez.