•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boro have an interest in Ajax CB Mike Van der Hoorn

That's interesting if true.

Why?

Well because we've just signed one primarily.

Boro have an interest in Ajax CB Mike Van der Hoorn

That's interesting if true.

Why?

Well because we've just signed one primarily.

We only had two senior centre backs before that though. Depending on if you consider Baptiste a centre back or a right back. Dael Fry will almost definitely go out on loan. Two players for every position and all that.

We only had two senior centre backs before that though. Depending on if you consider Baptiste a centre back or a right back. Dael Fry will almost definitely go out on loan. Two players for every position and all that.

Yeah maybe, I think Baptiste was brought in as a central defender though.  We'll see.

Yeah maybe, I think Baptiste was brought in as a central defender though.  We'll see.

Even if he was, if the scouting team and Karanka think that Van der Hoorn is a better option and will be more suited for the Premier League then surely it's irrelevant what position Baptiste was brought in to play?

Of course there is the other option of Ayala's contract talks going down the pan and is planning on cashing in.

Even if he was, if the scouting team and Karanka think that Van der Hoorn is a better option and will be more suited for the Premier League then surely it's irrelevant what position Baptiste was brought in to play?

Of course there is the other option of Ayala's contract talks going down the pan and is planning on cashing in.

Well you brought Baptiste into it, I'd never said a word about him mate.  

I have no problem at all with us bringing in players that are better than we have.

You are a lunatic ;)

I did remember this debate though, and you were indeed chastised for your views. But you were also stoking the flames saying that Rhodes wasn't pulling his weight in training and this led to the infamous revolt, a rumour that I haven't heard confirmed by anyone other than your good self Billy.

I do agree with both you and CT, that Rhodes might not have been a Karanka signing. Although if this was truly the case, I doubt Rhodes would have started all our games towards the end of last season (except the Brighton game). If Karanka didn't rate him, and let's face it probably knew he might have been out of a job if we didn't get promoted, why wouldn't he started Nugent in all them games?

I was told by someone near the club, lets say that Rhodes was a bit pre - madonna-ish in training, missing shots and having complete hissy fits etcI also heard that his attitude and obviously compounded by his large fee etc contributed to a player divide which led to the infamous AK gate and as I didn't hear it from Billy  he isn't the only one who heard this.

I think Rhodes was signed to pacify Karanka as they didn't get McCormack as promised (only pure speculation n my part) I certainly don't think he was suited to the lone striker - although at times he was making the right runs just no one played the right ball, we seemed to be focused on getting it to the flanks when a simple straight through ball would have put it him in. In saying that,  he didn't really impress me that much I think he needs to be in a 2 striker pairing - whether hes a prem player is another matter but one which isn't exclusive to him . I think every player that got u to the prem deserves his hot at it but do have my doubts on how many will actually cut it

When you say someone near the club, do you mean they were just standing out the riverside when they said it, i find this incredibly hard to believe. 

I'd go as far to say probably only Jordan Rhodes out of our whole regular playing squad I'd struggle to believe that about to be honest dude, I dont doubt your sources or that you are making stuff up, whether other people just like talking **** or not I cant vouch for however.

This is an article that basically summarises most the points raised by AK that I was trying to quote.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/505036/Middlesbrough-Aitor-Karanka-Jordan-Rhodes-weaknesses

I see your point and after hearing good things and seeing him it was a but of a surprise but I played decent level rugby fir a long while and believe me people are very different in game / training situations than how they are in the clubhouse and even different again when their families turn up. He seems very professional but also a winner and believe me to be a winner you need a bit of a mean streak in you. We could play for the same team and a player could in my view be a stroppy,whiner and a turd in the punch bowl where in your eyes he's a passionate, aggressive winner which is exactly what the team needs. In truth I'm more likely to see the latter in someone but everyone is different, isn't that why being a manager isn't easy? Different players need handling differently?

I hope he bags 20 -25 goals this season, I have to say though I did think he missed some absolute sitters which surprised me last season so fingers crossed. As for what AK says to the press / public well he's from the Jose club so it's up to you how you perceive it. In the end I was mainly confirming Billy wasn't alone in what he heard. Like you say whether or not it's the Gospel truth is indifferent as it's someone else's perception and opinion of what they saw passed on to us.