oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Ospina is wanted by Besiktas. He's someone I really wouldn't mind coming in to battle with Dimi. I think he has done relatively well when given the chance at ***nal, and surely we could compete with Besiktas. And at 27 he has a very good age and can still develop. A big plus that he knows the league after 2 years here.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news. He deserves his chance in the PL with us, if it wasn't for him and Ramirez I honestly believe we wouldn't have been promoted. I got on his back a few times but he did chip in with crucial goals. But I still think we'll sign another striker.

Ospina is wanted by Besiktas. He's someone I really wouldn't mind coming in to battle with Dimi. I think he has done relatively well when given the chance at ***nal, and surely we could compete with Besiktas. And at 27 he has a very good age and can still develop. A big plus that he knows the league after 2 years here.

Good shout that. I said before that the list of reserve goalkeepers currently on the books at PL clubs contains some hidden gems, and none more so that him.

There are no quotes in that Rhodes article so can we believe it?

Also, how well did Tomlin do for us last season?

Yeah Ospina is a great shout. Don't know what wage he's on though.

Considering he came from Nice as a relatively unknown quantity I can't imagine his wages is more than we can match.

If there is any truth behind this website he is on 40k. It seems the ***nal wages were revealed as a quick google comes up with the same list in several places http://crunchysports.com/money/***nal-player-salaries/

Ospina was top of my wishlist of signings after we got promoted. He is an excellent shot-stopper, and has been a great deputy to Cech when called upon. I would love, love him here.

Having been on NSC and seen that Rhodes was being made available, I was just going to post about it on here, but having just seen the replies above - damn!

I'd be interested to see him at Prem level, but I could also see him being a massive player for us. Alas I think we'd have a good few clubs ahead of us in getting his sig anyway, but it's pretty epidemic now, as Del Boy would say.

Good to see you back BB, any interesting transfer news at Brighton?

It's good to be back! Nothing of note at Brighton. A young centre back from Motherwell, but he'll go into the development squad to begin with. Re-signed the ageing Steve Sidwell for another year (was on loan last season but got him on a free).

I'm more concerned with the bids for Lewis Dunk (everyone has their price, despite what the suits say), and the fact that Kayal and Stephens have a year left on their contracts, but haven't signed new ones yet. If we lose 2 of those 3, and don't get good replacements, it'll be a tough season....

Aye, I mentioned him last month. £4m is the supposed fee; absolute steal I reckon.

Aye, I mentioned him last month. £4m is the supposed fee; absolute steal I reckon.

Yeah that is a decent price for an international keeper with good experience. It'll be interesting to see who we bring in to battle with Dimi (if any at all). Surely 4 million would be well spent on someone like Ospina if we are indeed looking at keepers.

I can't see AK not recruiting a GK. I thought there were rumours over Sergio Asjenio?? Think we will loan out Ripley into champ for experience. Got to give Dimi a chance but any mistakes in the Prem usually cost you points. Week commencing July 10th it will kick off I think