oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Ospina is wanted by Besiktas. He's someone I really wouldn't mind coming in to battle with Dimi. I think he has done relatively well when given the chance at ***nal, and surely we could compete with Besiktas. And at 27 he has a very good age and can still develop. A big plus that he knows the league after 2 years here.

Aye, I mentioned him last month. £4m is the supposed fee; absolute steal I reckon.

Yeah that is a decent price for an international keeper with good experience. It'll be interesting to see who we bring in to battle with Dimi (if any at all). Surely 4 million would be well spent on someone like Ospina if we are indeed looking at keepers.

Out of the ***nal keepers I think I would prefer Szczesny given his loan at Roma is looking like ending. Ospina to be fair I have only seen on a couple of occasions, one of which was when he had an absolute nightmare and looked nervy. Obviously you cant judge anyone on a couple of games but I wasnt convinced with what I have seen of him.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Middlesbrough Proposes € 5 For Mandi

Written by The Editor - Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The new promoted English Premier League Middlesbrough offered 5 million euros to benefit from the services of Algerian international defender Stade de Reims Aissa Mandi, reported the site Foot Mercato. After the midfielder Sofiane Feghouli, which committed for three years with West Ham, Aissa Mandi could thus begin soon with Middlesbrough to become the second Algerian international to join England this summer.

There are no quotes in that Rhodes article so can we believe it?

Also, how well did Tomlin do for us last season?

I'm not normally one for believing stories without quotes, but (without wanting to open the whole EG debate again) usually Vickers' 'senior club officials' posts are accurate. Not always, but usually.

Like you, I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Rhodes offloaded this summer, but I think that depends on who becomes available as the window progresses. I don't believe that the club are actively looking to flog him at this moment.

No better than the two strikers we have now, we have to be after better than him

Yep and for that reason I'm calling most of these links bs

The EG have mentioned the Belgian defender - does that mean there are some legs to it? Are we trying to force Mandi's hand? Or are we just scratching around for any news today?

I would assume we are looking at multiple targets for each position/role we require and there seems to be a hold up somewhere in the Mandi deal so the logical thing to do is to:

a) if the hold up is serious, start moving onto the next target more seriously as Mandi may not happen

b) leak (or exaggerate) the level of interest in the new target to force the Mandi move forward

How do you work out that a Czech international is no better than what we have? Have you seen him play much or know something about him?

His scoring record is poor, I can't see how playing at a higher level than he's ever played at will improve that

Saying that he has had a knee injury that kept him out for nearly 2 years so he probably fits our bill

No better than the two strikers we have now, we have to be after better than him

Weren't you arguing the case for that guy from the Spanish second division only a week ago?

Weren't you arguing the case for that guy from the Spanish second division only a week ago?

Yes and I got shot down by the masses now I've changed my opinion I've got shot down again.