Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gent goalkeeper Matz Sels is the lastest name would cost £5million

Where has this come from, mate? I don't know a great deal about him, but I know from a Belgian lad I worked with that Southampton were scouting him last year, and that they were keeping tabs on him in case a big bid came in for Forster.

Where has this come from, mate? I don't know a great deal about him, but I know from a Belgian lad I worked with that Southampton were scouting him last year, and that they were keeping tabs on him in case a big bid came in for Forster.

I think its came from your favourite paper The Sun

Makes me wonder what the reason was for pulling the plug in the Mandi deal as I can't see Betis offering him a big money contract

seems a strange one, unless he didnt fancy the premier league. you would think wages would sway over prestige if we were against betis. they themselves have only had 1 season in la liga after being relegated.

i think we have a different few targets, could be a sign we are close to a higher priority target in that position. either way i doubt its a straight forward rejection for the player.

That Matz Sels fella looks like a very good option. Just read a scouting report from some Southampton rag and the lad is very highly rated. A Belgian journalist reckons Gent value him between 6-8 million pounds.

Sunday people

Roberto Di Matteo wants to make an £11m bid to take Ross McCormack to Aston Villa

Odds are 1:1 that McCormack signs a new and improved deal within the next week.

There's something in The Sunday Sun about Karanka's Striker Search. Was just at the petrol station and the paper was near the til it caught my eye but I didn't get a chance to look at it as there was a queue behind me.

I think the picture on the paper was that of Tomas Necid.

That Matz Sels fella looks like a very good option. Just read a scouting report from some Southampton rag and the lad is very highly rated. A Belgian journalist reckons Gent value him between 6-8 million pounds.

That seems like some price for a Belgian league goalkeeper... Bit of an unnecessary risk for us.

That seems like some price for a Belgian league goalkeeper... Bit of an unnecessary risk for us.

Courtois was £6.7 million from the Belgium league. That hasn't turned out badly...

Courtois was £6.7 million from the Belgium league. That hasn't turned out badly...

Chelsea did have the luxury of being able to loan him out, though. I don't think they would have been too disappointed had it not worked out. We need a keeper who can give Dimi a fight for his shirt pretty soon, not in 3 years time.

Chelsea did have the luxury of being able to loan him out, though. I don't think they would have been too disappointed had it not worked out. We need a keeper who can give Dimi a fight for his shirt pretty soon, not in 3 years time.

True, but Sels is the same age as Courtois now, and he's played over 100 first team games in his career so he should be experienced enough to not need to go out on loan.

So you think this sels guy won't be able to challenge dimi yet just because he plays in the Belgian league?