oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

It belongs on the (now apparently defunct) Facebook Quotes thread, but just found this bad boy:

Can he score 25 goals from a defensive midfield position ?? cos we need someone who can !

Yeah, Karanka. What are you playing at? Why aren't you after one of those defensive midfielders that score 25 goals a season. They're obviously ten-a-penny. I don' think you even want to stay up this season.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It belongs on the (now apparently defunct) Facebook Quotes thread, but just found this bad boy:

Can he score 25 goals from a defensive midfield position ?? cos we need someone who can !

Yeah, Karanka. What are you playing at? Why aren't you after one of those defensive midfielders that score 25 goals a season. They're obviously ten-a-penny. I don' think you even want to stay up this season.

Haha, is that NB?

I'm suprised some are saying he's a risk because he's not heard of.   If we'd signed Kante 18 months ago people would have said that was a risk

Of course it's a risk and even more so because of a big pricetag. But the lad has decent credentials. Proved that he can take a step up quickly when moving from the Eredivise to Serie A and won Atalantas player of the season. Now he has to prove again that he can step up.

Just had a reply on a Danish forum from a Serie A fan. He thinks De Roon is a very exciting player. Good tecnically and reads the game well. Could be a very good signing in his eyes.

Opta: 122 - Marten de Roon made more tackles in the Serie A this season than any other player. Terrier.

Haha, is that NB?

Haha

I'm suprised some are saying he's a risk because he's not heard of.   If we'd signed Kante 18 months ago people would have said that was a risk

Of course it is a risk. Kante was signed for around £6m which isn't a lot for a Premier League club.

If you have ever played Football Manager you will know that "Every contract is a risk, a player could break his leg in his first training session" :D

Is it just me or does de roon sound a lot more like clayton than leadbitter? I wonder if we've had bids for him...

I thought that exact same thing. It could just be a way of pairing Clayton and De Roon and therefore theoretically ensuring our No. 10 (Ramirez?) has less defensive duties

Beaten to it!! :(

Interesting stat posted a few minutes ago on Twitter.

OptaJohanVerified account

‏@OptaJohan

122 - Marten de Roon made more tackles in the Serie A this season than any other player. Terrier.

Of course it's a risk and even more so because of a big pricetag. But the lad has decent credentials. Proved that he can take a step up quickly when moving from the Eredivise to Serie A and won Atalantas player of the season. Now he has to prove again that he can step up.

Just had a reply on a Danish forum from a Serie A fan. He thinks De Roon is a very exciting player. Good tecnically and reads the game well. Could be a very good signing in his eyes.

Opta: 122 - Marten de Roon made more tackles in the Serie A this season than any other player. Terrier.

Now that Opta stat is something that can get me excited. From his highlight reels (I know, I know) he looks like a very technical tackler, compared with Clayton who is a bit more rough and ready. Equally effective styles, just different. De Roon doesn't look to shy away from a physical battle either though.

Kante only cost around £6 million for Leicester, if we were signing De Roon for that kind of money I'd be far more comfortable. Any signing, particularly from a foreign team, is a risk. It's a lot of money to bank on this one working out that's all. I'm still optimistic though.

Good things I've noticed about de roon from the videos.

He often nips in and cuts out passes which shows he can read the game.

When he nicks the ball he doesn't just smash it anywhere, he gets it to a team mate.

When he tackles he stays on his feet and uses his strength to ease the attacker off the ball rather than committing himself and diving in.

Also looks like he's not scared to drive forward now and then.

Only thing the videos don't show is what his range of passing is like, he seems to be a lot like boateng that he takes the ball off attackers and plays it simple to play makers.

Quite happy for us to sign someone whose passing isn't very varied as long as he can break up attacks and give it to the guys who can actually create something. I don't think we need to find a midfielder for our 2 in front of the defence who needs to be able to split a defence apart. We play 3 attacking midfielders who should be the main focus when doing that job.

After all, I wouldn't exactly say Kante's passing is extensive, he plays simple but he really seems to know how to break up attacks.

Is it interesting that the article hasn't mentioned De Sart in terms of people challenging for that role next season? Perhaps not or perhaps it just means they plan to loan him out.