oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Today

14m euros - £11,676,000.00

7 days ago

14m euros - £10,836,000.00

Brexit has cost us 8 George Friends!!!

Maybe we already bought several million Euros ahead of the EU referendum?

I'd be surprised if most clubs didn't have some form of insurance in so they didn't lose big money in the event of a big drop in the value of the pound

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today

7 days ago

I'd be surprised if most clubs didn't have some form of insurance in so they didn't lose big money in the event of a big drop in the value of the pound

That's true. Didn't think of that.

I do remember that the Afonso Alves transfer ended up costing us more than we thought at the time. We were paying the fee in installments and then GBP dropped due to the recession.

Today

7 days ago

someone mentioned the other day that a exchange rate was probably agreed at the start.

14m seems a hell of a lot for someone who went for 1m last year. Surely this includes more than just the basic fee and bonuses?

Nearly every Premier League transfer will be inflated as the selling clubs know about the huge TV deal. One of the reasons why I was quite surprised that we got Fischer for such a small amount.

Is it just me or does de roon sound a lot more like clayton than leadbitter? I wonder if we've had bids for him...

Can't imagine the two of them playing in the same side.

Is it just me or does de roon sound a lot more like clayton than leadbitter? I wonder if we've had bids for him...

Can't imagine the two of them playing in the same side.

Unless Clayton is to have a slightly more attacking role in the side, it seemed last season that he could have drove forward a lot more but was obviously under orders not to

Can we change the song to "your attack is terrified and de Room is on fire"?

"Our defence is solidified, De room is on fire"

We'll score more and more, 

But that's not what we signed him for...

De Roon's on fire, our defence is solidified

De Roon's on fire, our defence is solidified 

De Roon's on fire, our defence is solidified,

De Roon's on fire...

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na...

from the dutch sites

It is in full swing the deal for the transfer of the director Marten de Roon in the Premier League. L ' Atalanta has given the green light to the sale of the Dutch filmmaker to Middlesbrough for 12 million euro. For the '91 class ready a four-year contract, with salary almost doubled compared to the amount received in the Nerazzurri. Are decisive times for closing the deal. In Italy, Napoli had a purchase option for de Roon , but the club president De Laurentiis is shifting elsewhere leaving the green light to Boro .

Imagine getting valdes, Xavi and falcao all in one window ;)

I think you're forgetting that Falcao and Valdes are failures in the Premier League and Xavi plays in an inferior domestic league.

Would rather have Ripley, Morris and Fewster. They could be Schmicheal, Kante and Vardy.

:)

Today

7 days ago

someone mentioned the other day that a exchange rate was probably agreed at the start.

14m seems a hell of a lot for someone who went for 1m last year. Surely this includes more than just the basic fee and bonuses?

That was me. In big international deals like this with different currencies I'm pretty sure you insure the exchange rates. Even more so now with the pound so volatile. Anything else would be reckless.

Imagine getting valdes, Xavi and falcao all in one window ;)

I think you're forgetting that Falcao and Valdes are failures in the Premier League and Xavi plays in an inferior domestic league.

Would rather have Ripley, Morris and Fewster. They could be Schmicheal, Kante and Vardy.

from the dutch sites

It is in full swing the deal for the transfer of the director Marten de Roon in the Premier League. L ' Atalanta has given the green light to the sale of the Dutch filmmaker to Middlesbrough for 12 million euro. For the '91 class ready a four-year contract, with salary almost doubled compared to the amount received in the Nerazzurri. Are decisive times for closing the deal. In Italy, Napoli had a purchase option for de Roon , but the club president De Laurentiis is shifting elsewhere leaving the green light to Boro .

Are we signing Rutger Hauer ?   :P