oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I can't work out which of the 2 he would replace, I thought leadbitter at first but looking at de roons playing style he plays the role of clayton.

Maybe they will switch round and clayton would be allowed forward abit more but I'm still not sure on claytons ability technical wise.

We'll see any way but if think grant is most likely to get replaced by de roon.

And de roons name has been mentioned quite a bit in the last few days so isn't that much of a surprise, maybe how quick it's happened but not exactly a name out of the blue.

I don't understand why people are confused at 2 defensive midfielders play in the defensive midfield positions. Playing one more attacking defensive mid might have been do-able in a league where we were one of the better teams and had loads of posession, in the prem we will need the defensive midfielders to defend first and foremost so Clayton and De Roon will easily be able to play together.

Your not understanding that once you build pressure around their box one of the midfielders pushes forward.

That midfielder needs to have a bit of flair and creativity to keep the attack going. Also for counter attacks again at least one cm should have some vision to play attacking players in quickly and accurately. This will be especially important next season as like you say we will be defending more and more likely to have to counter attack.

If we are as slow at transitioning from defence to attack as we were last season at times then we will have no chance.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we will probably change the system? 4-3-3. I know this goes against his favoured 4-2-3-1 but maybe he thinks a different system will suit the Prem? 5 players competing for 3 spots? Lead boots, Clyton, Forshaw, De Sart and De Roon...

I can't work out which of the 2 he would replace, I thought leadbitter at first but looking at de roons playing style he plays the role of clayton.

Maybe they will switch round and clayton would be allowed forward abit more but I'm still not sure on claytons ability technical wise.

We'll see any way but if think grant is most likely to get replaced by de roon.

And de roons name has been mentioned quite a bit in the last few days so isn't that much of a surprise, maybe how quick it's happened but not exactly a name out of the blue.

I don't understand why people are confused at 2 defensive midfielders play in the defensive midfield positions. Playing one more attacking defensive mid might have been do-able in a league where we were one of the better teams and had loads of posession, in the prem we will need the defensive midfielders to defend first and foremost so Clayton and De Roon will easily be able to play together.

Your not understanding that once you build pressure around their box one of the midfielders pushes forward.

That midfielder needs to have a bit of flair and creativity to keep the attack going. Also for counter attacks again at least one cm should have some vision to play attacking players in quickly and accurately. This will be especially important next season as like you say we will be defending more and more likely to have to counter attack.

If we are as slow at transitioning from defence to attack as we were last season at times then we will have no chance.

Some fans make me ?. I'm pretty sure it won't be clayton getting dropped for De Roon they will play together id put money on it.

Just talked to a huge inter fan. He can't believe we are getting de Roon. He thinks he was one of the best players in the league last season and has been touted to Napoli, inter, Roma and Milan.

His exact words "holy crap, are you getting de Roon". He's an avid follower of Italian football so I'll take his word.

Who's saying clayton would be getting dropped?

You said you can't work out which of the two he would replace...

It's pretty obvious in my eyes that Leadbitter will be replaced. Clayton was consistently our best player last season. He'll be one of the first names on the team sheet next season.

It's pretty obvious in my eyes that Leadbitter will be replaced. Clayton was consistently our best player last season. He'll be one of the first names on the team sheet next season.

i think its obvious he will replace leadboots.personally think its a very good signing,we need to ring in better players than we already have to progress

Just talked to a huge inter fan. He can't believe we are getting de Roon. He thinks he was one of the best players in the league last season and has been touted to Napoli, inter, Roma and Milan.

His exact words "holy crap, are you getting de Roon". He's an avid follower of Italian football so I'll take his word.

Sounds good borodane. I had never heard of him so its nice to get feedback from someone who knows the Italian league and rates him.

"but if think grant is most likely to get replaced by de roon."

Quote from my post.

I questioned it because de roon seems very similar to claytons role and I'm not sure clayton would be good enough in the final 3rd.

Maybe I just don't know enough about de roon.

I've always been in favour of upgrading on leadbitter so I would always agree that it's him that will be getting replaced, I just thought it would have been with a different type of player. But again maybe de roon has those attributes.

Decent player KM, good finisher, but wouldn't suit our system at all, needs to play off another striker, not a no.10 either so couldn't really play behind the main striker.