oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

https://www.clubcall.com/middlesbrough/polish-winger-reveals-his-club-rejected-boro-bid-1813920.html?

Poland winger Maciej Rybus, who has just signed for Lyon, has confirmed that Middlesbrough did make a bid for him in January.

he 26-year-old, who can also operate at left-back, was playing for Russian outfit Terek Grozny at the time and Boro's interest was reported in the Polish press. The Russians rejected Boro's bid and Rybus then waited until the summer to make his move to western Europe - signing a three-year deal with Lyon last week. Inter Milan and Besiktas had also shown an interest in the ex-Legia Warsaw star who missed out on Poland's Euro 2016 squad through injury. "Besiktas wanted me but Inter followed me closely," said Rybus. "My agent Mariusz Piekarski informed me of the interest of the Milanese club. Last winter, Middlesbrough has also offered a million euros, plus another million after promotion to the Premier League but my Russian club rejected the proposal. "Now that I'm free I wanted to wait until the end of the European championship to decide where to go but the offer of Lyon was important and concrete and I decided to sign a three-year contract."

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we get linked with a lot of injured recently injured players don't we

Maybe our treatment table has really good reviews on Trip Advisor :D

Lmao this made me laugh out loud on my lunch break.

Jeff bloody Hendrik. I thought we'd gained promotion... The guy turns up once every 5 appearances and wasn't a guaranteed starter for Derby last season even though Hughes was out. Had a half decent game for Ireland and suddenly he's premiership material.

Would anyone else love to see Iker Muniain at the boro? Played under karanka for Spain under 16's

Yes but it looks like his injury record may have done him out of a move here.

Would anyone else love to see Iker Muniain at the boro? Played under karanka for Spain under 16's

Isn't he part of the sex scandal that also includes de gea and Isco? And aren't they going to court?

Sels confirmed at NUFC

Also see reports that they've been offered Matt Ritchie - why would he leave Bournemouth for Newcastle?  well apart from stupidly high wages

I'd buy Ritchie, best player in the championship 2014/15, West Ham were looking at him, good player and scores goals from midfield inside and outside the box.

Does that mean he's never injured?

Bournemouth have signed Nathan Ake on a season long loan. That's a decent deal I reckon, looked tidy at Watford last year.

Bournemouth have signed Nathan Ake on a season long loan. That's a decent deal I reckon, looked tidy at Watford last year.

Aye, good deal for Bournemouth. Though I thought Charlie Daniels had a great season there last year so unless he's departing, I can't see him finding it easy to get in the line-up there. Who did he have to contest with at Watford for the LB spot?