oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Krull was mentioned on talk sport radio tonight, don't know who it was who was talking.

What was said on the radio? It'll probably be in the papers tomorrow then. They mentioned Hendrick yesterday which was reported in The Sun today.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little more on Krul - he was apparently back in training with the rest of the Newcastle squad towards the end of last week. Even if that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be fit to start the season, it shows that he's on the mend.

It was Graham Courtney the north east football 'expert' he said don't be surprised to see Tim Krul move to Middlesbrough or something along those lines. He also said expect most of our signings to be loans.

We were talked about 3rd after Sunderland and Newcastle, they must have forgotten we got promoted!

A little more on Krul - he was apparently back in training with the rest of the Newcastle squad towards the end of last week. Even if that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be fit to start the season, it shows that he's on the mend.

Yep there's official club photos on their Twitter feed of Krul in training so I think he'll be available for the start of the season should we bring him in. I'll be more than happy with him as our number 1. Can anyone remember one of his performances against Spurs? He was outstanding, got MOTM iirc. A very good GK in a very poor side.

It was Graham Courtney the north east football 'expert' he said don't be surprised to see Tim Krul move to Middlesbrough or something along those lines. He also said expect most of our signings to be loans.

We were talked about 3rd after Sunderland and Newcastle, they must have forgotten we got promoted!

Haha. Why would most of our signings be loans?

Never mind why, how? We can only get two loans in from prem clubs (I think, could be wrong). Once we announce De Roon we've signed three players permanently, so we'd have to get at least 3 loan players in for 'most' of our signings to be loans. It's just a silly throw away statement that he clearly hasn't thought through.

Hendrick wouldn't even be coming here as 1st choice midfielder, he would provide competition for Clayton, De Roon and Grant so I don't understand all this hysteria.

Because we already have Forshaw who is competition enough for them?

We'd be spending money on bringing one Championship standard player in when we've already got, to the best of our ability that we can say, 3 of those players already in Clayton, Leadbitter and Forshaw. I'd expect Clayton to make the step up, not so sure about the other 2.

But whilst I would back the judgement of the club in their spending (i.e. if we do sign Hendrick, then I will get behind him and hope for the best), I am certainly made to feel a bit uneasy that we'd be looking at trying to improve our squad with someone who hasn't really set the Championship alight over time and someone who I have spent a fair bit of time watching and not been exceptionally impressed with.

Never mind why, how? We can only get two loans in from prem clubs (I think, could be wrong). Once we announce De Roon we've signed three players permanently, so we'd have to get at least 3 loan players in for 'most' of our signings to be loans. It's just a silly throw away statement that he clearly hasn't thought through.

McGhee will surely be #1. So only another 3 to go. :D

McGhee will surely be #1. So only another 3 to go. :D

they have hardly ever been bothered about boro. we are and always will be an afterthought.

that makes it all the more sweet when we beat them and they then all start reminding us how they ae not bothered, its just another game blah blah. although most jawdees are a bit okay with us. (from my experiences) its the unwashed who a the real ones in denial. the freekin hate losing to us. ha ha

they have hardly ever been bothered about boro. we are and always will be an afterthought.

that makes it all the more sweet when we beat them and they then all start reminding us how they ae not bothered, its just another game blah blah. although most jawdees are a bit okay with us. (from my experiences) its the unwashed who a the real ones in denial. the freekin hate losing to us. ha ha

Got to agree there - having lived in Newcastle for a while, I view them as more of a friendly rivalry. Not Blunders though, I'd be quite happy to see them go into administration.

Regarding Krul, can anyone give me a bit of a deeper explanation as to why he'd be such a good signing? I've not seen much of him, only enough to know he's a decent keeper at least. But you all seem very enthused.

That's why I called him an 'expert' :)