oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I don't think Morrison's return would come with as much hype as Downing's move did. Downing was our best academy product of the Premier League era, he was also capped by England last season, and we were also a championship club when we signed Downing.

Signing Morrison seems like a very sensible idea. He will have the club in his heart, he is a good footballer at this level, a versatile footballer, and has experience at this level and with the Boro. The only issue would be where to play him and who does he replace?

I have been reading the WBA forum in the last couple of days, and most of them would like Morrison to stay. Some posters have said he is one of their most skillful players in the squad, that he has pace and can dribble past a man. I don't remember much about him to be honest as I was only 12/13 when he played for us, but he sounds like he has some qualities that we currently lack.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think fans need to lower their expectations, this our first season in the Prem after seven years, we will be one of the favourites to go down, we will not be signing any galacticos this summer, Morrison would be a solid acquisition we should never have let him go in the first place!

Hasnt Morrison been out injured since January though.

For me if available I would snap him up in an instant. He will be coming in on a free he is versatile, experienced and given the fact he is a Boro fan he will have an extra incentive to perform well for us (added to the fact he is already a good player). We need a strong squad this season not just a good 1st 11 and I think for me he ticks a lot of boxes for us.

Very solid midfielder, better than leadbitter in that box to box kind of role our second midfielder plays. Comes on a free, won't be on massive wages. Ticks all the boxes for me, and I think Gibson will think the same.

I think fans need to lower their expectations, this our first season in the Prem after seven years, we will be one of the favourites to go down, we will not be signing any galacticos this summer, Morrison would be a solid acquisition we should never have let him go in the first place!

The voice of reason from an unlikely source! Good man, agree with every word

Yeah I think Morrison would replace Leadbitter and slot in next to Clayton in that CDM role, if he were to come.

My personal opinion is that Leadbitter would be a good squad player but I don't think he's good enough to cut it in the Prem.

I remember saying at the time I thought letting Morrison go was a poor decision, he was only a 21 year old, would definitely do a job here and he also has that valuable PL experience.

dont underestimate leadbitter to much. he might find it tough with the extra pace of the players he's up against. his passing range and organisation graft etc are invaluable to us still. he might end up being him or clayton with a more dynamic cdm as the more adventurous player, instead of him and clayton.

I remember saying at the time I thought letting Morrison go was a poor decision, he was only a 21 year old, would definitely do a job here and he also has that valuable PL experience.

Completely agree, there's a reason he's played in the prem virtually every season since he left us.

The problem is that in two weeks time he'll be linking us with Neymar  :)

Ah but if we hadn't let Morrison go he wouldn't have any premier league experience QED

The problem is that in two weeks time he'll be linking us with Neymar  :)

Give your head a shake, I've already got us down to sign Zlatan on a free given his next club is a 'surprise' , how are we going to afford both his and Neymar's wages?

I know it's only a joke but I genuinely can't imagine anything worse for this group of players than to have to play alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Don't get me wrong, he's been an excellent player but Zlatan is an individual and cares only for Zlatan. He'd last 5 minutes before Aitor told him to do one.