Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Info for those unable to access it:

"BORUSSIA Dortmund defender Neven Subotic has held talks with Middlesbrough over a move to Teesside.

The Serbian defender, wanted by Sunderland, has been at the Riverside for a look round after Dortmund gave him permission to speak with the Premier League new-boys.

Subotic is understood to have been shown around the Riverside Stadium and held advanced discussions over the switch, although there is still thought to be some work to do on the deal.

The 27-year-old will cost Middlesbrough around £8m if the transfer does go through, although his German employers are happy for the deal to take place.

Dortmund tweeted this morning “Subotic was released from training, to lead negotiations with a potential new club.”

Subotic would be the slot we were looking at Skrtel earlier in the summer at so I don't think it means Ayala/Gibson are heading anywhere.

I do think Subotic and Valdes push Dimi and Gibson put on the bench with Espinosa as competition.

Crazy times but I'm hoping these strike targets are a smokescreen Negredo has turned soft he isn't the monster he was a few years ago and Babacar is a gamble.

Which side do Subotic and Espinosa play on ? I seem to recall Subotic on the right with Hummels on the left, and Espinosa playing on the left in highlights ive seen. That would give us 2 right sided and 2 left sided Cb's, the importance of balance at CB cant be overstated.

Great to get confirmation of the Valdes signing. Tied up nice and quick

I'm living this transfer window. Soo much better than wondering whether we're going to sign Darryl Murphy or not

Someone on here said yesterday he had a good contact that said contract negotiations had begun with Ayala. Think it drowned in the Valdes/Persie rumours.

that subotic's going to have to have a shave and a haircut before he can sign for our handsome reds.

and ayala's a loon if he doesn't want to stay, he could be a big part of something special here.

Jonathan Taylor of the gazette has said both us and Subotic are keen and there's a good chance of it happening. I'd guess given that they've reported the story it is much closer than they're letting on, will we see him at York? I guess that was what fleetwoodsmog's meeting was about then.