oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

This Spanish invasion on teeside could do wonders. Might be looking at a very good squad if we get these targets and I'd expect us to safely survive and more if we got those.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every department improved apart from up top!

Saving the best for last ;)

We'll smash our transfer record to pieces on a striker I reckon. I said survival should be our priority next season but now I think it's more like top 4. :D

Subotic would be a great signing! We seem to be strengthening all areas of the pitch.. My only concern is still up front, RW and RB. But the way it's going we'll probs just go snatch Lewandowski, Messi and Ramos to sort this out.

Subotic would be a great signing! We seem to be strengthening all areas of the pitch.. My only concern is still up front, RW and RB. But the way it's going we'll probs just go snatch Lewandowski, Messi and Ramos to sort this out.

You are spot on.... We need RB, RW and a strong striker, then it will be hard to pick a weak area in the team. Strong foundations were already in place and now an even stronger build taking shape.

Easy Tiger :D

Think we might need 2 rb's, not too keen on the thought of relying on Nsue as cover in the PL, despite how well he came on last year, a good LB for competition with gorgeous, along with those others you suggested and I think were set for a good season.

After spending most of the last three months out of the country I feel I have re-entered a parallel universe, Valdes and Subotic, with Van Persie talked of as well. Has this really happened in 12 short months since we were discussing the merits of Walsall strikers and Crystal Palace reserves, wow I need to pinch myself very very hard. Love valdes by the way one of my favourite goalkeepers of all time, a legend.

All this publicity is great. Even if we don't sign the likes of Subotic, RVP, Falcao, Negredo, etc, it's going to help our chances of signing others in my opinion. Think of the likes of Praet, Ziyech, etc who may have been put off us simply due to the stature of our club. Next thing they see Valdes signing and the likes of those named above being linked. Suddenly we become a much better looking prospect!

After spending most of the last three months out of the country I feel I have re-entered a parallel universe, Valdes and Subotic, with Van Persie talked of as well. Has this really happened in 12 short months since we were discussing the merits of Walsall strikers and Crystal Palace reserves, wow I need to pinch myself very very hard. Love valdes by the way one of my favourite goalkeepers of all time, a legend.

I'd still take the walsall striker if we Nugent leaves (probably for Derby)

Jonathan Taylor of the gazette has said both us and Subotic are keen and there's a good chance of it happening. I'd guess given that they've reported the story it is much closer than they're letting on, will we see him at York? I guess that was what fleetwoodsmog's meeting was about then.

can I claim that as an exclusive? :D

I'd still take the walsall striker if we Nugent leaves (probably for Derby)

With the calibre of players we're looking at I can't see us signing any lower league players.

sakho just handed in a transfer request at west ham. always liked him big strong guy, i hope we are in or him. big sam might be after him though. i'd imagine west ham won't sell him and he knows of interest from teams so is forcing a move.

our defence will be unreal. subotic was class a couple of years ago, after a season with a bad injury and another poor season afterwards. its not put me off, he could be a great signing. 

subotic (leader) espinosa (leader) ayala (leader) gibson (local hero). i'd bet thats about as good as it gets outside the top 10 in the league at CB. defence full of leaders like that is a flippin strong backbone. add in clayton, leadbitter and de roon we'll be hard to beat again.