oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

If we do end up with Subotic, Espinosa, Ayala and Gibson, I could still perceivably see Baptiste sticking around for the first half of the season with Epinosa not being full fit yet, or going out on loan if not. We could dip into the U21 squad in an emergency with players like Fry and Mcghee as they don't count towards the 25 man squad limit.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Subotic would be a mad signing. How do we have this pulling power? We are keeping a decent wage structure right? Is this some kind of voodoo witchcraft? :D

One way or another players seem to be really buying in to the SG/AK vision, and it all seems very positive for the club. So exciting at the moment!

Worth noting that Subotic also filled in at left back for Dortmund on a few occasions. Not obviously as a first choice, but at least adequate cover with Champions league experience.

I still think we are lacking a creative midfielder, with names we've been linked with (Ramirez unsure on and Ziyech looks more unlikely now) and a proven striker. I do think Downing will improve but I can't see him as someone we can rely on for 38 games. while Rhodes' first season in top flight.

Which 8 foreigners will get in the 25 out of

Dimi

Mejias

Valdes

Nsue

Espinosa

De Sart

De Roon

De Pena

Ramirez

Stuani

Fischer

And that's 11 without Subotic, a new RB, striker and winger.

Which 8 foreigners will get in the 25 out of

Dimi

Mejias

Valdes

Nsue

Espinosa

De Sart

De Roon

De Pena

Ramirez

Stuani

Fischer

And that's 11 without Subotic, a new RB, striker and winger.

I think it's the other way round mate, need 8 home grown players so up to 17 foreigners.

Nixon thinks we could try a season long loan with a view to buy for Subotic

I thought that was in reference to Sunderland's interest in him? Someone asked if Sunderland will rival us for his signature and he replied only if it's a loan.

Sounds like Sunderland are struggling financially, a few papers have talked about a lack of transfer budget for them. After years of signing absolute dross and getting away with it, its finally coming back to haunt them

While Subotic is clearly a better player than Ayala, I dont think it would be a good move to disrupt that defence too much. Want to keep the spine of the team that got us promoted for at least the first season

Sunderland are probably not looking to spend too much until they have an idea about who the FA are going to appoint as England manager. If Allardyce is a geninue candidate they won't want to risk spending too much money only to find that he leaves and the new manager doesn't like any of the players he has signed.